iii. 𝐃𝐨 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝?

"You're getting good at your blocks

"You're getting good at your blocks." Daniel spoke to Bryce the next morning as they practiced, Bryce graduating from yard work to really understand the meaning behind it. "Just remember paint the fence, the attacker won't always just come from the side."

"I heard you got the metal of honor back." Bryce said, practicing his kicks infront of Daniel. "That's exciting."

"It is." Daniel nodded, almost laughing at his small talk ability. "You think you'll be ready to practice the the rest of the students tomorrow?"

"Don't think they'd like that very much." Bryce said honestly, swinging his fist around to show how he'd block someone's punches. "I like it just being the two of us. You don't hate me like the rest of them. Or, you're just good at hiding it."

"Hey, you've gotta win their trust the same way you did mine." Daniel encouraged him with a knowing nod. "It will take time."

"I know that." Bryce took a breath, hunched over slightly. "So, when do I get to learn how to meditate?"

Daniel rose his eyebrows. "Is that Cobra Kai talking?"

"My assface cousin." he said in return with a shrug of his shoulders. "Took him off guard with a kick right to the gut though."

"Rule number one. You don't strike first." Daniel shook his head as he looked at Bryce. "Karate teaches you how to defend yourself, not how to pick a fight."

"Yeah, but, didn't you say we can't always avoid it?" Bryce shifted on one of his feet, titling his head to crack his neck. "He was talking mega shit."

"You can't always avoid it, doesn't mean you have to start it though." Daniel nodded his head, explaining it honestly. "You were at the All Valley, weren't you?"

Bryce nodded his head. Daniel took a breath. "You saw how Cobra Kai fought. It was violent and through offense. You get that in your brain and all you'll think to do is fight for everything in your life."

"How else am I suppose to succeed if I never fight for it?" Bryce asked him honestly, twisting the bracelet on his wrist.

Daniel looked curiously. "You feel like you have to fight for everything?"

Bryce shrugged. "I feel like I need to fight to protect my mom."

"Has someone hurt her?" Daniel frowned his eyebrows in questioning.

"My dad." Bryce nodded his head. "You knew, cheats on his wife, says he's gonna leave her, get both of em pregnant around the same time, then treats her like garbage for some reason."

Daniel pieced his family life together slightly. "So, you and Eli, you have the same dad?"

"And spend every other weekend together." Bryce inhaled, motioning toward his face. "Share a very similar gene pool too."