xix. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮

"Bryceyyy

"Bryceyyy." Jody called from the kitchen. "Wanna watch The Price Is Right with me?"

"Yeah, in a minute!" he called, looking at his phone oddly.

"What's wrong with your tone?" she asked, looking over as she saw him walking from his room. "What's wrong with your face?"

"Sam." he said in return, pulling the apartment door open to see her standing there. "Samantha, what can I do for you?"

"Hi, sweetie!" Jody called from the couch with a wave.

"Hi." she smiled, looking to Bryce. "Can I borrow you for just, like, one second?"

"Okay, but, my time is very limit. I'm suppose to be watching The Price Is Right." he said, walking out of the apartments and shutting the door. "Come to return our hooligan?"

"Not yet." she walked toward her car, leaning over the side and grabbing an envelope. "This is for you."

"What? Am I getting mail shipped to your house now?" he frowned his eyebrows, taking the envelope and flipping it over to show the Mars symbol he'd taught her how to spray paint. "Uh, oh. Someone's turned us in for graffiti?"

"Just open it." she said in annoyance, leaning on her car with a grin.

Bryce tore the envelope with his pinkie, pulling out a red card and flipping it open.

Prom will be aMARSing if you go with me?

Bryce tried to hold back a grin, looking at her with risen eyebrows. "You spelt amazing wrong."

"I hate you." she shook her head, accepting the hug as Bryce gave her a small spin in the parking lot of the Reseda apartments.

"Do you think Demetri and Eli are gonna dance together?" Bryce leaned on the punch table with Sam as they turned toward the two boys stood a few feet away.

"Hum." Sam thought about it as he passed her the cup. "Do you know if they're super official yet?"

"I mean, it's kinda, like, official but not official official." he explained with a knowing nod. "You know?"

Sam hummed. "Well aware."

"Do you wanna dance?" he offered her with a questionable look. "I made my dad teach me, very awkward. You should be grateful."

Sam grinned, taking his hand. "Extremely grateful."

He gave her a spin while leading toward the dance glowing floor, a tug on her arm once they reached the middle. Sam smiled as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "How great am I for a beginner?"

"Egh, seven out of ten." she shrugged with a grin.

"Seven?" Bryce gapped in disbelief. "I was expected, at least, an eight."