xx. 𝐀 𝐳𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐲𝐩𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐦?

Bryce knew he had missed most of the All Valley, he also knew he missed plenty of calls from Sam, Daniel, Demetri, Eli, and even a few from Daniel

Bryce knew he had missed most of the All Valley, he also knew he missed plenty of calls from Sam, Daniel, Demetri, Eli, and even a few from Daniel. But, Jody was more important, and they were yet to discharge her.

"Bryce." an unexpected voice rang as he looked up from the waiting from chair.

"Amanda?" he stood up.

"We've all been so wo-" she was cut off by his arms locking around her in a tight hug. She was taken back at first, but hugged him back. "How's your mom?"

"They say she's unstable." he pulled back as they sat down. "She's on a sedative right now, wouldn't let the doctor give her stitches."

"What even happened?" Amanda rubbed his back.

"Just, she drinks too much and it doesn't mix good with her medicine." he exhaled with a rub to his forehead. "Usually she can keep it in the house but I wasn't around to talk to her so..."

"She's on medication?" Amanda hadn't known that, though she realized she didn't know much about Bryce aside that he was Sams favorite topic.

"She's bipolar." Bryce met her eye. "So, she's either off her meds or the alcohol just didn't go so well."

Amanda frowned as she rubbed his shoulders. "I'm gonna show you something."

Bryce looked over as she pulled her phone out. "My sister, she was bad off on alcohol for years."

Bryce leaned in closer to look down at the screen, the rebab facility shining up at him. "I can't leave her."

"You won't be leaving her." Amanda met his eye with a shake of his head. "You'll be helping her."

"Okay, but it's not my choice. And she'd never agree." Bryce shook his head as he met her eye. "Thank you, though. But, I can handle her."

"You shouldn't have to." she shook her head. "Let me talk to her. We'll switch places for the next hour. Sam really wants you there, the final matches are coming up."

"My mom-" Bryce started.

"I'll stay with her." Amanda promised him with a reassuring look in her eye. "I promise."

Bryce walked into the All Valley after going home to shower and change out of the tux from prom, coming across the sight of his brother having a conversation with Daniel. His eyes fell backwards for a moment, locking with Bryce's as he smiling widely. Sam followed his gaze, a sigh of relief leaving her lips as she found Bryce, running his way. "I was literally freaking out."

"I know, i'm sorry." he lifted her up in a hug at the impact, a minor spin.

"How's your mom?" Sam asked when he set her down, her hands still holding onto his wrist.

"She'll be okay." he nodded, half way confidently. "Your mom is with her right now, so, maybe it'll be a good thing."

"I hope so." she gave him a small smile. "We're down the the finals, now."