xvii. 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

"Oh my god!" Lolly called as Karter showed up, towing Bryce's car behind her

"Oh my god!" Lolly called as Karter showed up, towing Bryce's car behind her. "What in the name of tarnations happened here?"

"Sorry, Lolly." Bryce apologized, jumping out of the back as he latched onto Sams hand to help her out. "We got stuck."

"You don't say?" Demetri laughed, looking out the door and snacking on some form of crab dip.

"You guys didn't get stuck out there?" Sam gave an insane look, picking up Picasso.

"Can we have this discussion after the two, or three, of you get cleaned up?" Lolly suggested, Karter grabbing her bags. "Please?"

Bryce lead Sam behind the house. "She has something against messes."

"Is your car gonna be okay?" she asked, heading for the water hose with him. "She probably thinks i'm a disgusting pig now."

"Oh, it's okay." Bryce sprayed her head to rid the mud. "Second first impressions are always better, anyways."

"Yeah, now i'm just gonna sleep in her guest bedroom." Sam said bitterly. "I can't believe Demetri and Eli got out completely clean."

"They probably took a different route." he hummed, whipping her face of the mud. "Jackasses."

"Totally." Sam agreed, moving Picasso so Bryce could hose him off next.

"You two look much better." Lolly smiled as Sam and Bryce came down stairs after a real shower that didn't consist of a water hose. "You went down Mackenzie?"

"Where'd all that mud come from?" Bryce shook his head, hugging her tightly. "Where's Pop?"

"He's trying to show that brother of yours how to flip a hamburger on the grill." she chuckled, pulling back and looked at him. "Oh, and it rained here last night, actually. You didn't get any in The Valley?"

"No, we were all clean." he shook his head, doing a double take to Sam. He reached for her shoulders. "Oh, Lolly, this is Samantha LaRusso."

"Yes, Eli told me all about her." she gushed, Bryce mentally cursed at his brother while Lolly hugged her. "You look much better without all that mud on you."

"Well, that was his fault." Sam put the blame on Bryce.

"Usually is." the older woman joked in return, getting an offended look. "Samantha, you're not a vegetarian, are you?"

"Not anymore, no." she shook her head.

"Oh, what happened?" Lolly asked curiously, Bryce stood awkwardly.

"Woke up one morning really wanting bacon." the brunette admitted with a faint chuckle. "Never looked back sense."

"My sons wife is a vegetarian, and we make meatless options, and she still throws a fit." Lolly dropped her voice to a whisper. "Don't tell her I said that."