18

After a long time of just walking in the park we decided to go around the city.
He was always talking about something and it actually was really nice to hear him out, I didn't say much myself. Just answering questions he had.
"Umm Hitoshi, how's your home life actually?"
I looked at him for a moment, trying to find the right word.
Do I tell a lie or do I tell him the truth. That my parents hate my vary being because of something I don't have control over. That I'm not allowed to speak to them without them yelling at me, telling me I'm gonna burn in hell?

"Umm it's okay, nothing special"
I lied and he smiles.
"That's great, how are your parents?"
I tense up again and look away.
"They are...nice I think"
He holds onto my hand and grins at me.
"That's good to hear, my family is actually really nice, hope you could visit sometime"
I give a small smile and shake my head.
"I'm not really a fan of such...but maybe"
We stop at a cafe and decide to get something to drink. Just some good old black coffee. Denki choose black tea.
As he started a conversation about some job he did at his internship I thought about Monoma.
How is he doing? Will he get hurt, will I ever see him again. I wanna say sorry for not asking about his past, his pain, how I make my problems way bigger then his.
I need to say sorry!
"H-Hitoshi, your zoning out again...are you okay?"
I hear Denki ask as he put a hand on mine.
  Slowly, I find my breath and looks at him and then at the table. "It's just...Monoma is on a mission, I'm worried that's all"
I say wile downing the rest of my drink.
He nods in understanding and smiles softly at me.
"It's okay...let just not spend your birthday sad okey?"
I look up in confusion, my what?
"What?"
I ask and he grins at me.
"It's Juli first, your 17th birthday, you forgot?"
He chuckle. I totally forgot about that, guess I had to much on my hands.
As we get up I pay for the drinks and we start heading back. As we entered I see the others go up to me happily.
"Happy birthday Shinsou!"
Uraraka say and hugs me. I pet her head and mumble a thank you.
I wasn't left alone the rest of the day. Everyone wanted to spend time with me. But all I wanted was to be alone.
I don't deserve to be happy. I don't wanna be happy it's wrong. Monoma, my best friend is suffering threw hell wile I'm sitting here, talking, laughing. It's sickening to me how I'm acting right now.
After a few hours I could finally get to my room. It was starting to get dark. The last person I spoke to was Aizawa sansei over the phone. He was nice and congratulated me, his own way of course and some from Eri.
When I sat down I saw an old text from last night.
Monoma?

Thanks for being there last night. I really needed you there. I can not wait to see you in a few weeks. I found out from Vlad sansei it's only a two weeks mission. Oh and I found out it's your birthday tomorrow so. Happy birthday, I will text you as soon as I can.
Bye Toshi !

I look at the text and smile. I know it's no use to write back, he won't answer me until two whole weeks.
I lay down and just look at the text.
I wanna text him so badly but no. He needs to focus on his.
I lay down and Mittens gets over to me and cuddles into my neck. The soft purring soon makes me fall asleep. And my world soon falls into darkness.
And everything is quiet.
Finally some peace!