Chapter 74

DO NOTE VOTE! Thank you!

...

"Dad, I believe in Jenjen... If she says she can do it, there won't be a problem." Yejin peered at He Dingkun.

Yejin knew her daughter too well. Even if Jennie wasn't a qualified navigator, she did have an excellent memory. As long as she took the time to familiarize herself with the race, there wouldn't be a problem.

"Dad, are you aware that Jenjen has a very good memory? Besides, Soobin's previous navigator was also very new. Even if Jenjen wasn't a navigator, she would be okay if she was given time to get familiar with the race." Yejin pressed on when He Dingkun didn't reply.

"What do you know!" He Xiong spat angrily. "Do you reckon anybody can be a navigator? So what if she has a good memory? How about the analysis of the race or all the other factors? Do you think this is child's play?"

"This is a joke." Taeyong glanced at Jennie with a condescending look. "Who gave her the courage to do that? As one gets older, one truly meets all sorts of people."

"That's enough!"

The old master slammed the table before Jennie could utter a word.
Everyone clammed up.

"The competition is tomorrow. It's impossible to get a navigator for Soobin now. Anyway, Soobin won't be the main racer, so it's fine if she is his navigator. It would be fine even if we wanted to just make up the numbers." He Dingkun pondered before announcing this loudly.

He Dingkun's eyes landed on Taeyong. "Taeyong, you have a huge responsibility tomorrow. You have to be in the top three even if we lose the competition. Then, the boss of Storm will have a reason to invest."

"Top three..."

Taeyong looked apprehensive and doubtful when he heard the old master. Even though he was quite good, it would still be difficult for him to make the top three...

Three teams were going to be competing tomorrow, and there would be more than a dozen racers on the track.

He Dingkun sighed heavily when he noticed Taeyong's expression. "Try your best then. Get Soobin and the others to support you and there will still be a glimmer of hope."

"You mean that we should count on them?"

He Xiong's eyes trailed to Jennie and he sneered with disdain.

"Grandfather, I will try my best to win the race with Soobin." Jennie smiled at He Dingkun.

"Alright, but try to support Taeyong and help him get into the top three. Then, even if we lose, it won't be such a disgraceful defeat," He Dingkun instructed her.

"I got it, Grandfather." Jennie nodded.

She wasn't the least bit interested in races like this. If it hadn't been for the sake of Grandfather, there was no way she would have joined the race or become a navigator.

However, saving her grandfather's car team was her top priority right now.

"Grandfather, look at how confident this amateur sounds! She wants to win the race with Soobin? I really can't help but laugh over how dumb they are. They should know their own limits. Does she even know what a racing car is?" Taeyong surveyed Jennie with a long calculating look.

When Jennie heard Taeyong, she didn't react. She wasn't even interested in talking to a racer like him. There was a huge, massive gap between their abilities.

"Forget it, Taeyong. Your grandfather has already decided, so just focus on your race tomorrow. Even if the team loses, it won't be your fault. Pretend that she is invisible and don't let her affect you," replied He Xiong.