Chapter 107

Jennie hadn't delved too deep when she had first had this thought. After Lisa said that she could have other intentions, her imagination began to roam.

To be frank, her request could cause a misunderstanding easily.

Would Lisa think that she had some sort of ulterior motive for staying with him?

May God be her witness! She really didn't!

She had pure, innocent intentions!

Alas! It seemed too late to explain...

Sungjae beamed and replied gleefully, "Big Sister-In-Law! Big Sister-In-Law! I will go and help you move your belongings!"

Jennie glanced at him, who looked as though Christmas had come early. "It's too late now. I need time to pack my belongings. Besides, my friend helped me rent that apartment. I need to inform him before I move."

Lisa's eyes flickered. "Song Kang?"

Jennie nodded, looking slightly startled. "Yeah, Song Kang. Mr. Manoban, how did you know my friend's name?"

"You mentioned him before," Lisa replied promptly.

She blurted out, "Huh? Did I?"

She had no recollection of mentioning Song Kang to him before...

Perhaps it had slipped her mind.

"You should inform him," Lisa added, "When you finish packing, call me and I will pick you up."

"Okay, sure!"

...

Jennie returned to her apartment.

She initially planned to look for Song Kang the next morning. However, as soon as she reached the stairs, she bumped into him.

"Hey, Pup!" Jennie's eyes sparkled as she hurried forward.

"Why did you come back so late?" Song Kang frowned as he studied her.

Jennie replied, "This is great. I actually have something to tell you. Treat me to supper!"

He eyed her. "Why should I treat you?"

Jennie raised an eyebrow and replied smugly, "Because I won the competition today! Shouldn't you celebrate with me?"

Song Kang rolled his eyes. "Forget it. I would go bankrupt if I treated you every time you won a competition. This was just a minor race. How dare you have the cheek to ask me for a treat!"

He knew that Jennie had entered the competition to help her family team. He hadn't even bothered to ask about the result or watch her competition, as he knew that she would win.

"You haven't answered yet. Why did you come home so late?" He pressed on.

Guilt struck Jennie for no reason, and her eyes darted elsewhere. "Why can't I come home late?"

"I thought you weren't filming anything recently? Plus, the competition ended early today. You don't even have close friends here, so why were you out so late?" He trudged on.

She was speechless when she heard him.

Did he have to be so blunt?

Jennie rolled her eyes at him and replied, "It's true that I don't have friends here, but I have a boyfriend."

Song Kang looked as though he had heard something incredulous. "What did you say?"

"A boyfriend!"

"Did you drink too much again?" Song Kang scoffed in contempt.