Chapter 26

DO NOT VOTE! Thank you!
_______

Even though she didn't know much about dating and love, she had observed how the guys around her had courted other girls during her racing days.

Hence, Jennie contemplated for a fleeting moment before she coughed to break the silence. "Uncle Hyun, don't just stand here. Come in and have a seat."

Hyun Bun's eyes lit up with a glimmer of hope. "Sure..."

However, Yejin interrupted him mid-sentence. "It's too late, so it's inconvenient. Perhaps another time."

This meant that there would be no specific date in sight.

Hyun Bin, who knew that Yejin had rejected him, unconsciously nodded obediently. "Okay... Alright..."

Jennie was speechless...

Why did he agree?

How could he be so obedient? No wonder that he'd made no progress over the years!

Jennie, who was exasperated, attempted to catch his eye. However, the other party couldn't fathom what she was trying to convey.

Her mother looked as if she was about to go up, so Jennie hastily blurted out, "Oh no! Uncle Hyun, I saw you limping earlier on as you walked. You haven't recovered from your injury yet?"

When her mother heard her, she halted. "Mr. Hyun, are you injured?"

Although her mother was distant and cold to Hyun Bin, her manners and education prevented her from being rude to a guest. Thus, naturally, she expressed her concern for her injured guest.

Jennie seized this opportunity and said, "Mom, you didn't know?"

Indeed, Hyun Bin hadn't told her mother...

Jennie added quickly, "Wasn't there a thief here some time ago? Uncle Hyun was worried about your safety and he came here every night to make sure you were safe. Then, he really saw the thief one night and accidentally hurt his leg when he tried to apprehend him. His injury was quite serious..."

Yejin knew nothing about this incident. Her eyes were huge with shock, and she looked uneasy.

Actually, Hyun Bin had twisted his foot slightly. When he heard Jennie, he instinctively refuted her claims. "Yejin, no... It was just a minor injury... I've recovered..."

Jennie was speechless...

She was exhausted. She had tried her best, but he did nothing to help her.

She gnashed her teeth and rattled on. "Mom, Uncle Hyun was afraid that you would be worried for him. That injury was so serious that he couldn't get out of bed for quite some time! Oh yeah, don't you have an ointment for sprains that I used before? It was quite effective! Why don't you help Uncle Hyun apply it? He lives alone and doesn't know how to take care of himself. Look, he is still limping now!"

"This..." Yejin hesitated but gave in eventually as the man had injured himself because of her. "Come in first. I'll go get the ointment for you. There is still some left."

Jennie was delighted when her mother agreed. She winked at Hyun Bin.

Hyun Bin, who hadn't expected that Yejin would allow him to enter the house, stood there like an idiot in a daze. "But... my leg..." he stammered.

"No! You're injured!" Jennie interjected swiftly, immediately stopping him. She shot forward like an arrow and supported him. "Uncle Hyun, you can't even stand properly. Follow us inside!"

Although she was a girl who knew nothing about love, she had made a lot of effort. However, he didn't even try to cooperate with her!

As a result of Jennie's untiring effort, Hyun Bin finally succeeded in entering the house.