Trying 42: They don't understand!

---Luffy---

Luffy hops off the bus at Usopp's stop. Usopp follows and the both of them race into the trees right next to the bus stop. Luffy and Usopp jump over logs and cross an old looking homemade bridge and eventually they find themselves on a dirt path that leads to the old homes surrounding the terminal.

The town was fairly large in size, the east side being home to most of the rich and high class, and then there is the slightly above average people surrounding that area. Then you get the shopping district, and as you walk away from the rich folk area you see the classy shops slowly and steadily become your every day shops. Outside the shopping district is the inner city middle and upper class families. Mostly filled with beginner families and young adults. Law lives here in one of the fancy apartments.

Past the living areas there is a river where once you cross it you hit the lower class shopping district, here you will find things in bad condition, but cheap. And under the bridges there are large sewer pipes that lead to an underground area where the black market is. Kid actually has his base set up there at the moment.

The lower class district is the largest of all the districts and is split up into multiple groups. The largest group, which controls the black market area, is Whitebeards. The second largest area which controls where (Name) and the boys live is owned by the Red-haired Mafia, aka Shank's area.

But there is an area outside the city that surrounds the whole poor community, and it is filled to the brim with trash and thugs. The homeless and the sick all gather here, hunting for things that could bring them enough money for a sandwich, this is the terminal. Each class calls it something else, Dark terminal, Gray terminal, Death terminal, Hopeless terminal, but in the end it's always terminal.

Out side the terminal are people who have made their homes in the dark forest that surrounds the outer areas of the terminal. Wild animals often run freely, so not many people venture into there, let alone live in there.

But this is where Luffy's friend lived.

They follow the dirt path as Usopp looks around with a scared expression. He's glad he doesn't have to walk alone today.

Luffy was singing while swinging his arms at his side. Usopp sighs at his friends ignorance. Did he not care they were walking through a dangerous forest!?

“Luffy be quiet what if one of the animals hear you and come eat us!?” He hisses at his friend who looks over at him confused.

“Why are you so scared? You live out here!” Luffy yells, making Usopp freak out.

“So!? I don't like living out here!” He screams back, quickly covering his mouth and looking around fearfully. Luffy laughs at his friend.

“Your weird!” He laughs, making Usopp sulk a bit.

“I'm not weird...” He whines as they make their way through the forest. They eventually find a run down house at the end of the path.

This was the home for children who left the orphanage, Luffy, Ace, and Sabo were leaving to go live here when (Name) meet Luffy.

Luffy runs up to the door and bangs on it, only to have it fall over and land on the ground.

“Opps.” Luffy says while walking over the door. Usopp follows after him and sighs at the sorry state of the door.

“Saaaanjiiiii!” Luffy calls out while heading in the direction that leads to the kitchen. Usopp sighs and follows after his friend.

Usopp enters the kitchen to see Luffy talking to an older blond boy, looking to be around thirteen or fourteen, but Usopp knows the kid so he knows that this is Sanji, a fourteen year old boy that lives here. Luffy begs Sanji for food, because he knows the blond boy enjoys cooking, and with a sigh the blond sets off towards the pantry in search for something that can tame the raven haired child's stomach. But we all know that's impossible.

“Usopp!” A high pitched voice squeaks behind him, turning around a tiny reindeer stood up on it's back legs and was smiling up at him, it's pink hat falling over his eyes.

“Welcome home!” He says with a grin. Usopp smiles down at the reindeer and pats it's head.

“Hey Chopper! I'm home..” He says to the reindeer as it shifts it's attention onto the raven haired boy.

“Hi Luffy!” He calls out, gaining the attention of the hungry boy. Luffy gives Chopper a huge grin before running over to the two of them.

“Hey Chopper! So did you think about it?” Luffy asks the reindeer, who fidgets nervously. Usopp looks nervous too, Luffy asked them to ask his new mom to take them in, so that they can stay together all the time like he does with his brothers. But Usopp and Chopper didn't know if they should, what if Luffy's caretaker didn't like them?

Luffy sees their tense expressions and huffs.

“She might say yes!” He says crossing his arms over his chest. Usopp and Chopper exchange looks before turning back to the pouting boy.

“What if she hates us...?” Chopper says fearfully, remembering the last humans that Luffy tried to get them to take him home. Usopp was nervous too, he is known for being a liar, who would want to take care of him..?

Both the long nose boy and the reindeer fall into a heavy and depressed silence. Luffy sighs at the both of them, why couldn't they see his new mom was nice!?