Preview 6: Runaway Cuphead

Red Rose hops on one of the stones as she crosses the river with laughter. Red Rose turns around and is in shock.

Red Rose cries out, "Cuphead, look out!"

Cuphead, who is a short distance away and on one of the rocks, isn't aware that the Devil is behind him in a snake-like form. Mugman and Ms. Chalice turns around to see the Devil is right behind them.

Mugman calls out, " Cuphead, behind you!"

Cuphead looks confused and turns around to see the Devil looking down at him with an evil grin on his face.

"You're first, cup," The Devil says with a hissing sound.

Cuphead is stunned to see the Devil is staring down at him. The Devil dives down to capture him, but Cuphead quickly moves out of the way as the Devil dives into the water. The Devil then rises up and turns his head to see Cuphead running alongside the river. Then begins to dive under the water after him.

Meanwhile, Mugman and the girls reach the other side of the river.

Ms. Chalice calls out, "Hurry Cuphead."

"Cuphead!" Mugman calls out.

Then Red Rose says, "Come on, we gotta go after them."

"Right," Mugman says.

With that, the others give chase to help Cuphead.

Further ahead, Cuphead continues to run down the path of the river as fast as he can. Soon, he sees the river is growing larger. He then sees a path of lily pads up ahead. He then begins to jump on it as he tries to get to the other side. Cuphead stops at one of them as he takes deep breaths.

Cuphead looks around and wonders, "Where did he go?"

Cuphead looks around to see if the Devil is close by. Suddenly, something begins to make the lily pad on him move. Cuphead looks down and wonders what it is. Just then, the Devil snake rises up with Cuphead and the lily pad on his head, and flings Cuphead back. Cuphead screams as he is sent flying in the air.

The others notice Cuphead flying back and cry out, "Cuphead!"

Cuphead continues to fly over the trees in the first and begins to fall down towards the forest ground. He then ends up bouncing on one of the branches. Then bounces on another. Finally, he ends up landing on a pile of leaves. Cuphead feels dizzy from his flight as he climbs out of the piles of leaves, but knows he can't remain here because the Devil might find him.