Preview 12: High Seas Adventure

Sometime later, Captain Brineybeard's ship arrives at a ghastly location in the sea. As the ship sails through the foggy sea, they come across a graveyard of ships. From the looks of it, there are a lot of wrecked ships. The three friends look around on the bow of the ship, to see how many wrecked ships in the area.

"I was uh... picturing less shipwrecks," Mugman says, nervously.

Red Rose turns her head and says, "Captain Brineybeard, where are we?"

"This be where she lives," The captain answers.

"Your girlfriend lives on wrecked pirate ships?" Cuphead asks.

"Nah! She feast on wrecked pirate ships! She lives..." Then points his finger ahead, "... in that there creepy cove."

The three turn their heads at front, and beyond the fog and the wrecked ships is the cove, which is shaped like a disfigured skull with a frightening face and appearance. The three gulps in fright. Then the captain approaches the three from behind.

Mugman speaks up, "Eh, can we go back to wrecked pirate ships for a second.

The captain places his hands on the wooden railing and says, "Aye! Me sweet slaughters all who dare approach."

This causes the three to become shocked, and not in a good way.

Mugman then says, "Seems like an important detail you could have mentioned sooner."

Then Brineybeard's parrot squawks and says, "Certain Death! Certain Death!"

Looking out at sea, Cuphead asks, "Hey, um, Briney... what's with all the screaming statues?"

Indeed, they see statues of pirates and they look like they're screaming in fear.

Brineybeard laughs and says, "They ain't statues, they be pirates!"

He removes his eye patch over his eye and places his hand around them, "Turned to stone! When they gazed into the eyes of the Dreaded Sea Beast!"

The three shake their heads and exclaim, "Dreaded Sea Beast?!"

Mugman shakes in fear, "This is the first I've heard of a Deaded Sea Beast!"

"Ey! I told ya from the start! We're going to find..." And places his hand together and has the love in his eyes, "Me love!"

"You're in love with a Dreaded Sea Beast?!" Mugman asks, shocked.

Cuphead says in disgust, "Yuck! Keep that mushy stuff out of my High Seas Adventure will ya!"

Insulted, Brineybeard angrily says, "Bite your tongue..." and points his sword at Cuphead, "Or me sword will bite it for ye!"

And then Brineybeard's sword says, "You can bite it or I can bite it, but either way, it's gonna get bit," and taps Cuphead on his nose.

Suddenly, Red Rose says, "If what Brineybeard said is right, then the stories might be true."

"What are you talking about Red Rose?" Cuphead asks.

"Pirates and Sailors tell terrible stories about the Sea Beast that can turn those into stones. Even my father, myself, and the crew have heard stories about the beast that can turn those into stone. The sea beast is also known as the Gorgon Mermaid," Red Rose says.

"Gorgon Mermaid?!" The boys ask.

"Aye that Red Rose. The Sea Beast is be a mermaid, but also has the power of a gorgon, a beast that can turn anyone to stone who gazed into her eyes," Brinebeard replies.

Just then, Mugman points to the water, "LOOOOOK!"

The others hurry over and look over to see the water is bubbling.

Brineybeard gasps in excitement, "That means she's close!"

And then rising from the sea as it lets out a mighty roar, a giantice, tall, slender mermaid that looks like it has a snake for hair, and glowing red eyes. Lightning flashes to reveal to have sharp teeth, ocean green lipsticks, and really had glowing yellow eye purple snakes for hair.

Cuphead and Mugman hug each other as they scream in fear to see the Dreaded Sea Beast right before their eyes.