Preview 13: Sugarland's Sweet Surprise

Just then, the cake-like castle fires and a woman comes out. She has a very feminine appearance and color palette, mainly composed of pinks. She is a tall and skinny woman, donning a good deal of resemblance to a soda bottle. She has pastel pink skin of a color similar to bubble-gum, very short, maroon-red colored hair with a large curl at the bangs, similar to a lollipop, and big green eyes, topped off with long eye-lashes. Whenever her mouth is entirely closed, it seems to fade behind her hot-pink, heart-shaped lipstick. She wears a sleeveless, reddish-pink dress with a red and white, diagonally-striped bodice (reminiscent of a candy cane), white puff sleeves (much like donuts and seemingly detached from the main bodice), darker red flounces (which resemble piped icing), and light pink and white speckles on the puffy, floor-length taffeta. She also wears white elbow length, opera gloves with cuffs, a hennin hat resembling an ice-cream cone with a white feather on top, and wields a candy cane as a staff, which she uses as a shotgun. In a few frames, she also appears to be wearing pink shoes with red and white striped socks.

She is also holding a candy cane in her hand.

She spins in the air and tip toes to the ground as she introduces herself, "My name is Baroness Von Bon Bon." And leans to Cuphead, "And today's your lucky day." Lifts herself up and spreads her arms in the air, "You get to eat aaaaaaaaaaall the sweet treats you desire." and leans to Cuphead with a big grin on her face.

"Aaaaaaaaand goodbye," Cuphead says as he turns around and walks away.

Baroness Von Bon Bon follows after him, "Wait, where are you going? I offered you aaaaaaaaall the sweet treats you desire. Ain't you gonna eat my sweets."

She then places her hands together and gives him the puppy dog eyes.

But Cuphead is still against it, "I don't think so lady. I've read the fairy tales. I eat your candy, I end up in an oven. You just wanna eat me."

"This is funny. You're funny. Funny guy," Bon Bon says, and begins laughing. "I'm a Baroness."

Then leans towards Cuphead with a cupcake in her hands, "I only want to eat treats."

She then kisses the cupcake and then eats it.

"Oh. Well in that case, I'm sorry I misjudged you, Ms. Baroness," Cuphead says.

"Oh please, we're friends now. Call me The," Bon Bon says, much to Cuphead's confused look.

She places her hand on Cuphead's chest and giggles.

Then dashes to appear behind a giant truffle, "Now I gotta say, I admire how you resisted my veeeeeery tempted offer."

Then appears as she lies on a jawbreaker, "Most disgusting children can't resist."

Then appears in front of Cuphead on the ice cream and chuckles with a big grin. That startles Cuphead into falling down on his bottom.

"You got a reeeeeeeal creepy way about you, lady," Cuphead says.

Bon Bon remains silent.

Then say, "I don't get out much. In fact I can't leave Sugarland on the count of an ancient curse." and give him a creepy large grin.

Then swept it off," But that's another story for another time."

"Why would anyone want to leave this place?" Cuphead questions.

"Exactly," Bon Bon says, as she falls into the giant ice cream.

Then comes and says, "Of course, a few had to leave for various reasons."

"Reasons? What kind of reasons?" Cuphead asks.

"Well, it's a long story, on the count of two very important people who had to leave for protection and all that," Bon Bon says.

"Important people? Like, do you have friends?" Cuphead asks.

"Oh I have a lot of friends in Sugarland, they're just roaming around and all that," Bon Bon says.

"Well, don't you have a family?" Cuphead asks.

"I actually do. I have a husband and a daughter, but they had to leave a long time ago. I haven't seen them in a long time, for important reasons," Bon Bon says.

"You had a daughter?" Cuphead asks.

"Yes. She should be around your age. My husband was a captain of a ship and had to take our daughter with him for protection reasons," Bon Bon says.

"You don't say. My friend's dad was a ship, and she said that she had a mother, but never knew who she looked like or where she lived," Cuphead says.

"You don't say," Bon Bon replies.

"Yeah, but she ended up getting shipwrecked and ended up on the isles. She has no idea where her father and his crew are, so she's been staying with me and my brother at our place with Elder Kettle. We had all kinds of fun and adventure, but she still misses her dad," Cuphead says.

"Well, I do hope you can bring your friends over. I'm sure she'll be happy to come here. And before I forget, I have two rules that you must never break," Bon Bon says.

Then explains, "Rule #1!" and narrows her eyes, "Tell no one about Sugarland!"

Then happily says, "But I'll make an exception to bring your young girlfriend here."

Cuphead blushes, "She... she's not my girlfriend!"

"I'm just teasing," Bon Bon replies with a giggle.

Then her two of her fingers, "Rule #2!"

And happily says, "Eat aaaaaaaaaaall the candy you desire... just not my candy castle." and points her cane toward her castle, "Not even a tinsey winsey bite."

"Works for me," Cuphead says, and begins to rub his hands eagerly, "There's so much tasty stuff here, why would I want to eat your castle?"

"You wouldn't," Bon Bon says, and twirls her candy cane," Unless you find it..."

Her mouth stretches to Cuphead and whispers, "Irresistible."

Hearing that, makes Cuphead look at Bon Bon's castle. It does look like a giant cake, it is decorated with pink and white color frosting and icing, and has different kinds of candy and sweet treats. Very tempting for Cuphead to eat.

"It is a tasty looking castle," Cuphead says, biting his tongue a bit.

Bon Bon turns her back and says, "I'll just turn my back in case you want to sneak a bite."

"Maybe just a little tinsey winsey," Cuphead says, lifting his head, and enters to take a bite of the cake.

Bon Bon looks to see Cuphead is very tempted to eat the cake.

Suddenly, they both hear a familiar voice, "Cuphead! Cuphead! Cuphead, where are you?!"

Cuphead snaps out of the trance and turns his head and says, "Red Rose?!"

"Red Rose?" Bon Bon says, a little surprised and yet, very pleased.

"Um yeah. She's my friend I was telling you about. I gotta go," Cuphead says.

Then hurries off to go find Red Rose.

Just then, Baroness says, "He'll be back, and I hope he'll bring my precious little rose cake with him."

Then waves goodbye, "Toodaloo." and lets out a chuckle.