Ch. 40-The End

Andy's POV:

Waking up next to Jez was all I ever wanted. Her hair was splattered across my chest and the pillows like a blue-brunette halo, and she just looked... soft. Like all her defenses and sharp edges and walls were down and everything was just easy and smooth.

I rubbed my thumb over her cheek, happiness bubbling up through my chest as a small smile appeared on her face, and she cuddled closer to me. It's an indescribable feeling to be able to make someone smile, especially just through a simple touch. The fact that she was asleep just made it that much better.

It was nice to be able to just lay here for a day. After the hectic mess our lives had been for the past few months, we really deserved this break from everything. I mentally debated whether or not to wake her up, just to have someone to talk to, but decided against it. The peace was nice.

I vaguely wondered if CC and Ashley were having a day like this as well, or Wes and Jake. I almost let my mind wander to Jinxx, but cut myself off before I could. It was too peaceful to be thinking of everything he did.

Of course, trying to stop myself from thinking anything never works, and instead I ended up thinking even more about it. The sweet morning was slowly turning bitter for me. The sunlight streaming through my window felt more like an intruder than a guest, everything was just off.

"You look like you're thinking hard," Jez said in a sleepy voice. I pulled myself from my thoughts and smiled at her.

"I am." She rolled her eyes a little, yawning widely as she did.

"Stop. It's too early for that." She said, resting her chin on her hand and looking up at me with sleep-clouded eyes. I laughed a little, playing with her hair.

"It's not that simple." I said softly, still smiling at her.

"Then make it that simple. It's not complicated." She said, shrugging a bit, her tank top falling off her smooth shoulder. I just kept smiling, not making an argument about it this early, even if I couldn't just turn my brain off with a snap, as she seemed to suggest.

"I think I want a wedding at dawn," I mused, looking at her ring, which she had continuously refused to remove.

"No one would come," she replied, her eyes fluttering closed.

"Who do we need but us?" I asked, and her eyes opened once more, a small smile gracing her lips.

"I suppose you're right, but I want the guys to be there, too," she said, and I smiled back. I don't know what I would've done had she not liked the boys. "What if we did it at dusk instead?" She asked, idly tracing my tattoos.

"That would sort of ruin the symbolism," I said, and she furrowed her eyebrows, confused. "Dawn symbolizing a new beginning, us moving into a brighter future, together." She smiled at me.

"That's a really cute way to think of getting up at one in the morning to get married." I laughed a little louder at that, the sound echoing through my apartment. "But dusk has symbolism too," she said, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh really? Do share." She smiled.

"We still have the change to symbolize new beginnings, but the dark symbolizes our uncertainty of what the future will bring, the moon and the stars are our guiding light, our love, to get us through the uncertainty no matter what," she said, blushing a bit as she spoke. I caught her hand, kissing her palm softly.

"That's awfully deep for eleven o'clock in the morning," I said teasingly, and she pushed me gently.

"Don't be mean." I laughed, her cheeks steadily reddening as I did, and I kissed her lightly to make up for it.

"I'm not laughing at you, darling. I think it's a fantastic idea, I just thought the deep conversations were supposed to take place at the wee hours of the morning," I said jokingly.

"You really like it?" I kissed her cheek softly.

"Really."

-----------------

A/N: sorry for the sudden ending but I have lost all motivation for this story, as you could probably tell by the lack of updates. So, that's the end. Thanks for sticking with me through it all :)