Ch. 27- Therapy

Ash's POV:

Jake took a deep breath before starting to talk. Jinxx was glaring viciously at him as he did. What the hell was going on with these two?

"So this morning, when I woke up, Jinxx was there. He basically told me that everyone in the band, at least, knew about us." He stressed the last word, making it clear what he meant.

I grimaced at the thought. Jake could be as shy as CC, especially about things like that.

"I don't really want to get into specifics, but we argued, and I ended up storming out, furious. I wander the halls for a while, then stopped at the cafe they here, which is where I met Wes."

Jinxx's jaw clenched at the mention of him. He glared at the door, as if that could do anything. I got the feeling this Wes character had a major role to play in this story.

"We talked for a little bit, then walked around. He rode with me back up here, kissed me, and left."

"He what?" Jinxx said, looking like he was actually ready to commit murder.

"On the head, dumbass. Remember? You got pissed at me then, too. Threatened him, scared the living hell out of me, and stalked off. At which point he came back. Know why? Because he was worried you were going to hurt me. Frankly, I was, too." Jake snapped back. That was a low, but effective blow. As much as I hated to admit it, I could see what Jake meant. Jinxx was generally a calm, collected person, but when he snapped, he was maniac.

"Wh-what?" Jinxx asked, all rage seeming to just vanish.

"You fucking heard me. Then, you know what? He took me to meet his family. Like a fucking gentleman. Know what gentlemen don't do? Make their boyfriends fear for their safety with them, when they should protect them from everything."

The bomb was ticking. CC and I were just standing there, waiting for the explosion. He had curled himself further into me, trying to melt into my shirt so he wouldn't have to witness this. I rubbed his back comfortingly, trying to convey that that would never happen to us.

"Gentlemen don't fucking cheat on their boyfriends either!" Jinxx screamed back. Fuck. I had to split this up before it dissolved into fists. I took a small step forward. CC clung tighter to me, and whimpered so softly I barely heard it over the yelling.

"I need to stop this," I whispered. He had to get out of here. His mental state was incredibly fragile right now. All this fighting and relationship turmoil was the last thing he needed.

"Don't go." He said, his fingers gripping my torso.

"I have to. Wait outside for me, okay? Maybe call Andy and congratulate him for me." He hesitated, then nodded, leaning up to kiss my cheek softly, then slipped out the door behind me.

Jake and Jinxx were still shouting at each other, getting closer and closer. At this point it wasn't even relevant anymore. Random tiny little things the other had done wrong. I wanted to step in before they collided, but at this point I didn't think it was possible.

I went to shout at them to get them to shut up, but the second I did they collided. Not in the way I expected, though. Instead of fists, Jinxx slammed Jake against the wall and kissed him. Which, of course, made the entire situation insanely awkward for me. I tried to push away the tension to pull Jinxx from Jake, but Jake arms wrapped themselves into Jinxx's hair, cuing me that I should probably leave. I did just that, and being the good friend I am, locked the door as I stepped out.

CC was sitting just outside the door, hands covering his ears, and his eyes clenched shut. I sat down and wrapped my arm around him, making him uncover his ears and look up at me.

"I don't like it when people fight," he mumbled, blushing. As far as he told me, his parents were the shouting type, so that made sense.

"It's okay. I doubt fighting is what they're doing anymore." I said, grimacing. It was weird seeing your friends like that. He looked at me, confused.

"What do you mean?"I gave him a pointed look, making his eyes widen a little.

"Oh. OH. That's awkward." I nodded in agreement. We just sat there in silence for a bit, until the moaning coming from the room next to us was too loud to just sit there.

"Want to go back to the others? They're probably wondering where we are." CC suggested. I was silent for a minute, then nodded, standing up slowly. He rose as well, lacing his fingers through mine as he did. I smiled tiredly at him, and kissed his hand, exhaustion hitting me like a truck.

"I'm so done with drama," CC muttered, leaning his head against my shoulder.

"Trust me. I am too."