Ch. 28- He's a Rebel

A/N: Seriously important question: what do you think of Wes? Good or Bad?

This has almost 1.8k reads, so I'm hoping to get at least four different people's opinions on him. This is actually crucial to the rest of the story, so please respond!

Jake's POV:

.... I still hate him. No matter what may or may not have taken place in that hospital room. He's a fucking asshole. A gentleman would've talked with me, listened to my opinion, had a discussion with me, not gone right to that.

Sometimes I wonder what I ever saw in him.

I felt awful about Wes, though. He was so sweet, and I was completely contradicting myself. He wasn't in the room with the girls, so I hobbled around, aimlessly hoping that I'd run into him so we could talk. I stumbled a bit on my rounds on the fifth floor, and I felt a hand grab my elbow, steadying me.

"Thanks," I muttered, then glanced up. Wes was standing there looking impassive. "Wes, can we-"

"Don't bother," he grumbled, looking disheartened. "I walked by that room. You made your choice." I felt my face flush.

"That wasn't my choice," I said after a moment. His head snapped up, his eyes sharp and cold.

"Do you mean-"

"Not like that," I said quickly. He relaxed slightly. "Let's just say that's how he wanted it to end. Not me." He pulled me into a hug.

"I've been in relationships like that. I'm here for you," he said softly. I smiled against his shoulder.

"Thank you. For everything. I'm sorry to pull you into this." I said, blushing again.

"I'm happy to help any way I can." He replied, and smiled a little at me. On impulse, I reached up, letting my crutches fall, wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him softly.

His arms slipped around my waist, steadying as well as comforting me as he kissed back. His tongue hesitantly ran along my bottom lip, and I let him in. He slowly massaged my tongue with his, wrapping me in his presence, his scent, his taste.

It felt so different than with Jinxx, and I couldn't tell if it was a good or bad different. I knew I didn't want it to end, though, and I only pulled away to breathe, and even that was a reluctant movement.

He leaned his forehead against mine, smiling widely. I found myself unable to keep from smiling back. Everything about him was infectious.

"You're perfect," he said it like I was an angel. I blushed, hiding my face in his shirt.

"I'm not even close to perfect. I'm the most screwed up person I know." I muttered, blinking back tears. He tilted my chin up, and pressed a short, sweet kiss to my lips.

"But you're perfect to me." He then crouched down to grab my crutches for me. I smiled thankfully at him. He was really sweet to me. He walked beside me, not once complaining as I accidentally set the crutches down on his toes, making me blush horribly every time I did. He just laughed and brushed it off.

"So where do you want to go?" He asked as we once more ended up on floor five.

"Where is there to go? It's not like I can leave," I grumbled, more than a little annoyed. His eyes lit up.

"Maybe you can. C'mon, let's go to the front desk." We got back in the elevator, and for a split second, before the door closed, I thought I saw Jinxx. I pushed him from my mind, though, because this time was too nice to ruin.

Wes practically skipped to the counter, and had a quick discussion, then walked back to me all before I made it to the counter.

"Guess what," he said excitedly.

"Does it involve food?" I asked, and right on cue my stomach growled.

"You must be a psychic, because it does involve food. Do you like sushi?" I scoffed.

"I don't like sushi," I said proudly. "I adore sushi. I could live off it forever." He threw his arms up in the air.

"Amen and hallelujah! I thought I was the only one." I laughed, and he helped me out to his car, which was an awesome four-door maroon jeep. The top was off and he had the cool doors designed for off-roading vehicles that made them look super cool. Plus, it was lifted. Not enough that it was a struggle to get in, but enough that it looked badass.

"I love your car," I said, once I was seated in the front.

"Why thank you. I go off-roading with this thing in the summer with my sister. You should come sometime. She would probably die of excitement," I laughed, and played with one of the strings on my jeans.

"You know something?" He said, making me look up. "This is our first date." I blushed bright red.

"Yeah, I guess it is," I said, and smiled.

"First of many, I hope." He said. I just smiled. I couldn't commit to anything at the moment. He smiled back at me, understanding my silence, and squeezed my hand. We sat in a comfortable silence the rest of the way there.