Ch. 4- Look At All That Pain

Once upon a time this chapter was going to be sweet and fluffy to celebrate the elimination of another competitor. Then wattpad deleted it so you're getting feels.

RIP Mitch Lucker

Andy's POV:

While Jez and I were walking back to my place, I could've sworn I heard a phone ringing. She didn't seem to hear anything, so I ignored it. But then I kept hearing it, over and over. After the sixth or seventh time I heard it, I checked my phone. CC was calling me. I sent her an apologetic look, and answered it. He never called unless it was important.

"Finally, asshole!" He yelled into the phone. I winced a little.

"Why am I an asshole?"

"I've been calling you for the past ten minutes. Meadowbrooks general hospital. Get here ASAP." In that moment I would swear my blood turned to ice.

"Why are you at a hospital?"

"Just get here, dammit! We'll tell you when you get here."

"What's got you in a pissy mood? Did your girlfriend cheat again?" I asked. I couldn't help but sound annoyed. Not at him, but Amber, his girlfriend.

"Sorry for being a little freaked out when my best fucking friend might be dead!"

"On my way." I turned to Jez. "Change of plans. If you want to meet them, you need to come with me to a hospital." She was smarter than me and didn't ask why, just nodded. I tripled my pace, and she increased hers to match. When we got to the house, I slid behind the wheel of my car, pulling the keys out of my pocket. She got in half a second later and I took off. I probably broke every road law there is, but if Ash was potentially dead, I didn't care.

"What happened?" She asked when we got to the hospital, and rushed inside.

"Something bad enough that Ash is possibly dead." I replied emotionlessly. The shock was still numbing me. I knew it was Ash because he and CC were always closest. Jake was waiting right inside the door and rushed to me, shooting a surprised glance at Jez, but not saying anything about it.

"He's in emergency surgery," Jake whispered.

"What happened?"

"Car accident." He said bluntly. My eyes widened briefly. An accident killed his parents. No way in hell would he have gotten into one sober.

"He got in a car accident?" Jez asked, shocked.

"Not exactly. Someone else got hit by a drunk driver. Ash saw and ran to help. Another car slammed directly into him." He was practically crying.

"Who was in the first car?" Jake shook his head.

"They won't tell us. But we saw them covering two bodies. One of them was a kid." I nearly threw up. He lead us to a separate room they had for us.

"If they ask, we're all brothers. You can be our adopted sister," Jake said when we walked in." Jez just nodded, a far away look on her face. None of us said anything. You could feel the weight of death hanging in the air. I could practically taste it. I felt it the same way when I found Juliet. It felt like someone had taken a thick black blanket of all of our worst nightmares and fears and laid it over us, watching us scream beneath its hold. A doctor entered the room.

"Are you the family of Mr. Ashley Purdy?" He asked. Jinxx nodded. "We are pleased to inform you that the surgery went well, and he's alive, but his injuries have put him in a coma. It's not uncommon for car accident victims, and he should wake up in a few days. In the meanwhile, we were hoping you could help us reach the deceased's closest family. Their names were Jolie and Kenadee Lucker." CC fell on the ground, sobbing.

"We'll call," I heard myself whisper. The doctor just nodded to me. Personally, I wasn't overly close with the Luckers, but Ash and CC were, especially because they knew Jolie when they were younger.

"Ca-can we see him?" Jake stuttered, still shocked. Kenadee was only six. No way in hell did she deserve this.

"If you want to, yes. Follow me." He lead us through a maze of white walls. I silently swore to myself that I would never wear white again. It wasn't a huge part in my wardrobe anyway, but now I was outlawing it entirely. Ash was lying in a bed, eyes closed. He could've passed for dead, if it weren't for the beeping of the heart monitor. He had several wires and machines attached to him, his left arm was castes, and his chest was almost fully wrapped in white bandages, like when I broke three ribs, only wider. His left leg, even though it was under blankets, was bigger, so probably castes as well. His face was scratched up, and there was a bandage around his right bicep, tinted pink slightly. Once again I found myself wanting to be sick. Ash was always the strongest of us, both physically and mentally, he could handle all the shit we got and helped us hold ourselves up, along with it. When this started, I was insanely shy and let haters get to me. He helped me rise above that, and now he was barely alive. There was a choked sobbing noise behind me, and I turned to see Jez with her hand over her mouth, tears streaming down her face. Ash would hate for this to be her first impression of him, so I hugged her closely to me, so she couldn't see him. I knew it was no good, though. The image was already burned into my skull, of one of my best friends, one of my brothers, almost dead. It was so easy to picture the heart monitor going flat, the endless beep filling my ears... I heard another strangled cry from someone

No...

Dun dun dun.

Your move now