Chapter 10

Monday March 23rd 2015

It had been about five weeks since I tried to seek out Chloe in anyway. Yes of course I hung out with her and laughed freely when me, Leon, Cora and her went to a movie, or somewhere to eat food, or when all our friends decided to gather at either my house, Leon's house, or Bensons house, but we hadn't hung out alone in weeks.

So that's why it surprised the hell out of me, when I had an email from Chloe today, in the morning, saying "You wanna hangout after school today?" I responded "Yes. Just come to my car at the end of the day." Chloe responded "Be there." For some reason Chloe didn't say anything about it all class either, so I didn't bring it up.

As I was walking to my car, I saw her from the distance, in a classic looking green coat. God she fucking killed me.

I open my car, once we were both inside I ask her "Is everything...all good?" She laughs "Something has to be wrong for me to proposition you to hangout?" I shake my head "No, I loved that you reached out. I should have, I just thought you were busy. Anyways, are you hungry? Where are we going?"

Chloe looks outside "Wendy's." I start making my way to Wendy's, when she says "I'm not letting you pay though."

I shake my head "Chloe, you know I won't let you." She rolls her eyes "I'll see about that." When we get to the paying window, Chloe un does her seatbelt and pounces over me and hands a twenty to the guy aggressively. The close proximity between me and Chloe makes me feel like I've been lit on fire, and I try to compose myself.

She bites into her burger with a coy smile on her face, and I laugh. She asks "What? sometimes you're impossible." We eat at a moderate speed, and it's strange, I realize, just sitting there with Chloe eating food, I've been happier then I have been in weeks. I look at Chloe not caring if she finds it weird, and she looks back at me with just as much comfort.

I smile "Hey?" She nods her head as if to say "What?" Obviously I can't say what I want since she's dating Benson, and since I'm in a something with Olivia, so I answer "You know you're like my best friend, right? I love you." She smiles "Oh shit, really? I love you too Dude."

She gives me an abrupt hug, and it's too much. I feel like I could cry out of such an excessive amount of emotion.

When we pull away, I squeeze her arm, as a gesture. When I start driving, we end up driving around for like half an hour, just talking, and listening to music, before she says "Let's go to the park, it's not super cold." I turn left to get to the closest park I know, in the area we are driving in.

Once we arrive, Chloe looks at the swings like a little girl. But we decide to seat on the bench. I wait for her to start a conversation, When she doesn't say anything I turn my head, to the right, to look at her, looking into her eyes, I almost lose my train of thought, but I catch myself. She's looking at me too, an intense gaze, not saying a word. I've never experienced this with anyone else.

Although it sounds like an exaggeration, even sitting here now, when I think about it again, I remember it felt in that moment, as if our souls became one, or at least touched. This, I learned later on, was an occurrence that only took place in a person's life, once or twice.

We both suddenly look away from each other, the spell that was over us in the previous moment now broken. We stay sitting there for another minute.

Calmly she gets up from the bench and walks to the park swing, her long dark waves blowing in the wind, giving her appearance a magical feel, once she sits down she looks up at the bare trees, that are soon to be filled with an abundance of happy green leaves in a few weeks.

She looks at me. I smile at her innocently not knowing what else to do, i know she's about to say something "Say what you're thinking, and nothing else."