Chapter 27

Wednesday September 1st 2022

After several times of me flying to go stay with Chloe, in Brighton and then Ireland, Chloe said even though she didn't feel completely comfortable with coming back here, she'd come stay for about a week, during the week that my birthday was in.

Chloe was arriving around noon. I had decided to pick her up alone, so she wouldn't feel overwhelmed, then we'd go back to my house, she'd wanna shower. I had already cooked a Chicken Pesto Pasta, and bought several cans of coconut water.

I had been waiting for only about ten minutes, when I saw Chloe at the arrival entrance, walking out with a medium sized suitcase, and a back pack. She looked a little tired, but still warm and adorable as always.

I pop my trunk, then grab the bouquet of flowers I bought for Chloe, and I walk out. The smile she strikes me with when she sees me, almost knocks me out, and I feel breathless. I hand her the flowers and take her suitcase from her. When we're in the car she says "You know, you don't have to get me flowers, every single time you see me."

I shake my head "i already am behind six years, and It makes me happy

I shake my head "i already am behind six years, and It makes me happy." Chloe raises her eyebrows "Like actually?" I start driving "Yes. Actually." I quickly lean over and give Chloe a kiss on the corner of her mouth. Then I give her my phone "Put on whatever you want."

Then I grab Chloe's left hand, in her lap. Chloe looks at my hand "This is so strange, seeing you drive again. I feel like I've gone through a time warp, and I'm seventeen again, except, we're both twenty four now. Whoa I just realized we're gonna see Cora and Leon today. This is crazy."

I look at Chloe concerned "Are you okay? It's totally fine with me if you just wanna see them after my birthday." Chloe shakes her head, then kisses my hand. "No, it's just crazy. I'm not saying I don't like it." I smile "You sure?" Chloe nods, and plays Mirrorball by Taylor Swift.

After her shower, she shows up in black cotton shorts and a kind of loose blue sweater. She looks like a kid to me, I kiss her, then say "Hungry?" Chloe nods "It smells good. What did you make?" I smile "Pesto."

I bring our plates to my table. Then do one more round to get Chloe's coconut water, and my apple juice. When Chloe sees her coconut water, she smiles "You're too sweet for the world, you know that?" I roll my eyes "You always say that."

Chloe laughs "I think it's cute when you roll your eyes." I swallow my bite, then decide to change the subject "I don't care, but I just thought I'd tell you before, after my parents house, we're going to a restaurant called Ten Foot Henry for Dinner, so if you want to change before we leave."

Chloe looks at her shorts "You hate what I'm wearing?" I give Chloe a dead expression "I just said "I don't care. I was just saying in case you wanted to wear something different." Chloe says "I'll wear a bathrobe." I say "Fine by me." Chloe laughs. I ruffle Chloe's hair "You're a moron."