Chapter 22

Monday March 29th 2021

We take a cab home, and we're just entering Chloe's apartment now.

Once Chloe locks the door, she says "I know your phone is dead, there's an outlet in the kitchen and near the couch and I know it's quiet in my apartment so you can put on music if you want. I'll be right back."

I pull out my charger from my suitcase's front pocket and I plug in one end to the outlet and one end in my phone. When my phone turns on I see that there's a missed call from Cora, and a missed call from Leon.

I know they probably met up and were at Cora's house theorizing like idiots. How funny.

I turn my volume six points down from the highest volume setting on my phone and I put on the playlist I made on Spotify called Soft Songs (which mostly just consisted of sad calm acoustic songs, by mostly indie artists, or underground singers)

I hear Chloe's footsteps. I stand up, and look out her window, she has a nice view of the city. I loved views like this. I have my back to her when she comes into the living room.

I turn around and look at her. She walks up to me slowly but it's not dramatic, then stops when she's a foot away from me. She looks up at me with those eyes, those eyes I've seen too many times in my dreams, she holds the gaze that both of us are giving to each other.

I see how she has just a few more wrinkles on her face then I remember, then I look at her hair that always seems to fall perfectly down her shoulders and back, almost like it's been set that way, I see how her lips have become a tiny bit darker then they used to be. She smiles. I smile too. Chloe opens her mouth to say something then closes it again.

I bring my right hand up to the side of her face, in between her jaw and neck, and place it there. A satisfaction immediately falls over me. She closes her eyes, then opens them again. Then I take my left hand and grab her by the waist gently.

I lean in a little bit, and kiss her hard against her lips, she smiles as she kisses me back. It's like all those years wondering where she is, are in that kiss. All the moments I've replayed over and over and over again in my mind are in that kiss. The deep tormenting regret of not telling her how I felt when I had the chance is in this kiss.

When we pull away I look into Chloe's eyes. I wrap my arms around her and just stand there holding her for almost a minute. When she pulls away from me she says "Oleander, lets not leave what we both want to do, undone for the next six years."

Chloe's sixteen words are all it takes for me to completely lose myself in her. I move back to Chloe's lips and kiss her, then I snake my arms around her waist, when she opens her mouth to breathe, I waste no time inserting my tongue in her mouth and deepening the kiss. Chloe wraps her arms around my neck.

I pick Chloe up by the back of her thighs in three seconds and slowly walk to her bedroom, never leaving her lips. We both fall onto the bed and she laughs. She pulls off my hoodie rashly and I chuckle, she pouts at me "It's not funny Olly." I start kissing and nibbling at her neck. When she lets out a moan, I can't stall anymore.

I move away from her, and pull off her sweater, to my surprise, she isn't wearing a bra. I look at her enticing breasts for a few seconds then I climb off the bed, I take off my sweats and boxers while staring at her. Then I put both my hands in the sides of her leggings and pull them off in one swift movement.

When I'm adjusted on top, between her legs, she says "I don't mean to make this totally dramatic, and i'm so nervous it feels like I've never done this before, but I love you Olly." I raise my eyebrows in mild shock. Chloe's brows furrow "Oh god I just ruined this, didn't I? Fuck why didn't I just shu.."