Chapter 10

Sara was already going out with Ei and you knew that since you used to attend the same school. But it seemed that Itto didn't. And you didn't want to ruin his mood by telling him. Ace and Sabo had returned home for the day as they had work. Sabo was probably gonna try to kill Ace a few times because of the amount of work Ace had left out because of his procrastinating nature, which increased Sabo's workload as well. Sabo and Luffy procrastinated themselves as well, which made you wonder if ASL would be okay. 

"We're here~ What do you think will happen, ohhhhh, will she say yes, I think she'll say yes, what do you think?" Itto spoke so fast that you barely had any time to process what he had said. He fiddled with his fingers in a mixed wave of enthusiasm and nervousness, and you smiled lightly at him. Your heart felt as if it would break, but that was expected. After what you'd done to Kazuha, you didn't deserve a second chance.

You stood behind the wall, observing for Itto's courage's sake as he sauntered up to Sara, her purple hair tied up in a ponytail, and golden eyes glimmering beneath her thick glasses, a book in her hand, and in her customary black suit. She noticed Itto approaching her, and stopped mid-step as she waited for him to engage in conversation with her.

"Professor Sara, you will be pleased to know that, I, THE GREAT ARATAKI NUMERO UNO ITTO LOVE YOU!" Itto half yelled which made everyone else turn to look at him, some giggling. Sara pushed her glasses up her nose with a sigh and clutched her book closer to her chest, then gave him a stern look.

"I have someone. I'm sorry. Please focus on studies more than your love life, Mr. Arataki. I think thats what needs more attention." she answered in a sharp tone, words concise and polite. Itto's lips curved downwards as  a look of desperation filled his dull crimson eyes.

"Bummer." he grumbled as you made your way towards the rambunctious boy, and patted him gently on the head, which caused him to turn towards you, a look of dismay in his eyes which were now glazed with tears.

"Not. Better luck next time. You'll find someone better." you faked a smile at Itto, which caused him to turn red from embarrassment as he clawed at his tear filled eyes.

"I-I'M NOT SAD! I'M ARATAKI ITTO, THE ARATAKI ITTO, AND I'M ALWAYS IN TOP CONDITION!" he yelled in your ear. Itto reminded you of when Ace was a child. Ace cried only by himself, and the few times you'd caught him crying, these were the exact same words he'd said.

"Its okay to cry sometimes. Don't force yourself." you murmured quietly as you put some distance between Itto and yourself to give him some space- both physically and mentally. He continued crying quietly as you stood by him, listening. Your own heart felt destroyed from the inside out, watching him so torn. But there wasn't much that you were capable of either. You weren't that good at comforting people. The few times you'd tried, your words had ended up getting completely rejected and your opinions thrown away.

You slowly made your way over to Itto, and threw you arms around him to comfort him. He was warm, and smelt of mountains and soba. He was startled, and a good minute passed before he threw his arms around you, engulfing you in his warmth, taking comfort in yours.