Chapter 4 - Confrontation

Entering the bar, they all stared around, hoping to catch a glimpse of Adelina. This time, everyone had came looking for Adelina: Scott, Stiles, Derek, Allison, Lydia, Isaac.

As his piercing green eyes glanced to the bar, he noticed her standing there. Her elbows resting on the bar top, an exhausted expression on her face. Her hair was loosely tied into a messy bun, on her torso was an oversized white fluffy jumper and she wore a short black skirt.

They all stared as a woman dressed in all black approached her and whispered in her ear. Then Adelina nodded and made her way to the stage smiling, though obviously it was forced.

The group decided to sit and watch the performance, not wanting to interrupt her with their bombard of questions. Derek watched intently as she let out a small sigh before grabbing the microphone. Under the intense lights on the stage, it was obvious that she had been crying. "It uh- it's been a while. But I have a new song for all of you. It's about a boy, so..." She drew in one last shaky breath, rubbing her forehead before starting her song.

They all listened, infatuated by her emotional performance. The song was about a lover who gave all their time to help the one they loved, but their loved one must've had their fingers crossed when they said 'I love you.' Derek knew immediately that this was about the werewolf Jake Talot, her ex boyfriend. Although he would never admit it, he was irrefutably impressed by her singing and song writing skills.

(I put the song I was referencing at the top so you can understand a little better :) )

As she continued singing, one lyric stuck deeply in his heart, 'You don't deserve the one thing that you lost.' As far as Derek knew, Adelina was a kind yet mischievous girl, full of passion and creative energy. He could feel the anger swelling inside of him as he remembered Lydia's previous words that Jake had cheated at least 10 times in the 5 months that she had been at Beacon Hills.

As her song came to a close, a single tear fell from Adelina's cheek. But she quickly wiped it away hoping no one saw it. The bar had once again erupted into claps and cheers and she saw how some emotional drunks had even began crying, bringing a small smile to her lips.

Then her eyes landed on his, a small feeling of guilt rising from within her. She had already broken up with Jake over a week ago, but she couldn't help but feel guilty at being attracted to someone else so soon after. Then she noticed the eager yet sympathetic eyes of Scott and Stiles. Letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding, she pinched the bridge of her nose before slowly walking over to them.

"Hey, Adelina." Scott spoke slowly, worried that he would upset her.

She quickly sighed before looking up to them, "I'll tell you so just- just come with me." Then she began walking towards a door on the other side of the bar. The others had followed her in swift pursuit.

Derek watched as her hand lazily reached towards the bar, grabbing a full bottle of Jack Daniels before opening the door and waiting for everyone to huddle inside.

Inside was a private booth, big enough to fit everyone into. When they'd all seated, Adelina sat next to Derek as she poured herself a drink, finishing it in one swift gulp before talking. She never once looked into their eyes. "From what I know, there is another pack hiding just on the borders of Beacon Hills forest. The alpha is cruel and doesn't care much for human life." Then she poured herself another drink, finishing it before talking again. "He has some sort of personal vendetta against the residents of this town, don't ask for the details because I don't know."

Her voice was bored and low, almost as if all the crying was effecting her voice. She still hadn't looked up at anyone as they carefully listened to her, taking in all the information she was sharing. Derek watched as she poured herself yet another glass, finishing it as quick as she poured it. He eyed her with a brow raised, concern growing as he studied her drinking habits.