Chapter 30 - The Young Wolf

Jake was there that night. The night someone was brutally murdered. The image of the body flashed through her mind, the torn off arms, the stringy pieces of flesh, arrows piercing through the body, the caved in chest. Blood. And those soulless eyes. Oh how those eyes haunted her. But now she imagined another set of eyes, chocolate brown that shifted to a glowing blue. A werewolf slashing and torturing its victim. Jake, a murderer.

Shuddering, she found the creak of the loft door waking her from her thoughts as it slid open. When the figure walked in, multiple groans came from beside her, whilst Adelina found herself smiling slightly.

"Guess who is here to be absolutely productive?" Peter smirked as he raised his arms outward and stepped closer to the group.

"Not you." Seems there is no end to Derek's bluntness. Derek stood up without sparing a glance to his uncle before walking over to Scott and Stiles at the table.

Peter tilted his head as an expression of disbelief crossed his features for merely a second before returning to a smirk. He's probably used to it by now.

He glanced at Adelina who was sat on the couch with a mug in her hands. She offered him a small smile and shrugged her shoulders. Surprisingly, Peter smiled back at her before turning his attention to Scott as he spoke. Adelina was still slightly in shock, had Peter Hale really just smiled a genuine smile at her?

"What do you want Peter?" Scott asked slightly annoyed as he looked up from the files that were sprawled over the table, "We're kind of busy trying to stop people being murdered by the werewolf pack."

Stiles hummed in agreement as he moved a few pictures of the victims. Adelina was helping them at first, but seeing all the gory and mutilated pictures of corpses made her feel uneasy. She was still trying to get used to it and envied how used to everything her friends were. She hoped one day she'd be able to help them just as much as they've helped her.

"Oh. Well I guess the werewolf -from the pack you are looking for- that I left chained to a tree will be of no use to you." Peter feigned helplessness as everyone's eyes darted to him in disbelief.

When he noticed the expressions he was given, Peter smirked devilishly, "If only I were useful."

For a few seconds it was dead silent. No one said anything as they all debated whether Peter was telling the truth or not. And if he was, how did he manage to capture one of the werewolves?

Stiles in particular had a very shocked expression. His brows kept switching between being deeply furrowed and highly raised. His eyes were wide open and his mouth was agape like a fish. "A werewolf...from the pack...and you? ...You have them tied to a tree?"

Peter rolled his eyes and nodded at him. "Where?" Derek asked as he folded his hands over chest.

"The preserve. Its quite close to our old house."

"And you didn't kill them?" Scott questioned, a look of pure disbelief etched onto his face.

Peter huffed, "Is that so hard to believe?" He scanned over everyone's faces. Stiles rubbed the back of his neck, Scott shuffled uncomfortably on his feet and Derek nodded his head with an indifferent expression. Finally, Peter's gaze landed on Adelina. She shot him an apologetic look before mumbling "Sorry." and looking down at her lap.

"Why didn't you kill them? That's very out of character for you." Derek spoke as he walked back over to the couch and took a seat next to Adelina.

"Oh, don't get me wrong, I would've killed him. But he asked for the true alpha." Peter turned to Scott with an amused expression, "He asked for you."