Chapter 214

Doyeon sneered coldly. "I don't think you truly admire us. It's because we are with Jennie, right? Miss Kim, you may seem as though you care for your sister very much, but behind her back, you have done all sorts of repulsive and despicable things. Do your fans know who you really are?"

Krystal narrowed her eyes and replied in confusion, "I don't quite understand you, Miss Doyeon. Did my sister say something to the two of you? It seems as though there has been a misunderstanding..."

Exasperation and anger bubbled in Doyeon's stomach. Krystal was deliberately putting on an act right now by pretending she didn't understand.

Tiffany cast a meaningful look at Doyeon and replied calmly, "Sorry, please ignore Doyeon's remarks. Miss Kim, thank you for your kind offer, but we don't have any plans of jumping ship to another company. Sorry."

She had been betrayed by the artist she had groomed personally. Then, she had been sacked by the company she had slogged her life away for. Jennie was the one who had helped her and had brought her and Doyeon to Summit Entertainment.

How could she betray Jennie to go to Krystal's company?

Doyeon shared the same sentiment as Tiffany. She had misunderstood Jennie initially and had always treated her meanly. However, after some time, she had realized that Jennie was very different from the rumors.

On the contrary, Krystal was the one who was truly scheming and sly.

Krystal had successfully won over Jennie's father, Kai, and her previous assistant. She hadn't expected that Tiffany and Doyeon would put a stop to her plans.

After both of them departed, Krystal's manager scoffed coldly. "Krystal, ignore them! They are fools who cannot discern good from bad. Jennie must have brainwashed them!"

Krystal looked regretful and sorrowful. "It's a pity that Manager Young's talent is being buried."

Her manager replied in a contemptuous tone. "I don't think Tiffany is as good as she is supposed to be. Does she really think that Summit Entertainment will allow Jennie to stay with them? She has to be dreaming!"

...

It wasn't convenient for Jennie to reveal her address, so she had borrowed Tiffany's address.

When she went to the company in the morning, Doyeon passed an envelope to her.

Doyeon had just returned from the cafe and was trying her best to act normal. "Sister Jen, you have a letter."

"Okay, thank you."

Jenniw tore the envelope and pulled out an invitation to the charity event from Head Secretary Liu.

Unlike other lavish, extravagant party invitations, the charity event's invitation was made from recycled paper. It was simple and down-to-earth.
However, this VIP invitation was different from the one Sister Tiffany had gotten her.

The normal invitation was light gray in color, while the VIP invitation was pale gold. The seats were near the stage as well.

Those seats were reserved exclusively for VIPs and government officials.

Doyeon, who was lost in thought, didn't notice the invitation in Jennie's hands. She hesitated for some time before she asked, "Sister Jen, have you heard the rumors going around the company?"

"Rumors? What rumors?" Jennie blinked in confusion.

Doyeon looked grave. "There is a rumor... that the company is going to terminate your contract..."

Jennie was taken aback before she asked incredulously, "What? The company wants to terminate my contract?"

Doyeon nodded as she elaborated. "Haven't you heard? Ordinary scandals wouldn't matter, but this time, the charity officials have been alerted. Things are completely different.