47. Lips Sealed

Yoongi's 1st Person POV

"Do you have everything?" Cassie asks me as she and I are about to step out of my house.

"I think so," I answer as I look around, just to double check. My older brother, Geumjae, had picked Holly up Thursday night and is dog-sitting until I can pick the fur ball on Monday night.

It's now Saturday, late in the afternoon. Cassie is driving me to the airport so that I can make it on my flight to Miami, Florida.

Late last night, Jeongguk's father told us to go home and get some sleep. His aunt and brother had already left an hour before his dad suggested we go home to rest. He knew none of us wanted to leave. But, he insisted we get at least a little bit of sleep and to come back to the hospital early in the morning, to which we agreed.

So, it was round 12:30am when I drove back to my house with Jeongguk. Since Cassie had her car, she stopped by Jeongguk's apartment and her place. She had to get clothes and and other necessities they needed because I suggested they just stay in my home until I get back from Miami Monday night. By the time she got to my place and the three of us cleaned up to get ready for bed, we were all beyond tired. The three of us fell asleep as soon as we all hit my king-sized mattress.

We all woke up and got ready super early this morning. Cassie drove us back to the hospital and when we arrived there, around 8am, Jeongguk's aunt was already there. She said that, when she arrived around 6am, she sent Jeongguk's dad home to get a little rest and to freshen up. She also informed us that Junghyun stopped somewhere to get us all some good coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

Cassie and I stayed by Jeongguk's side most of the day. The doctor said the procedure that they did last night, on his mother, went well. But, he informed us that she will have to stay for at least a couple of days so that they can monitor how she is doing. The nurses said she was in good condition for visitors, so we were all able to visit her, but only two people at a time. First, Jeongguk went into her room with Cassie. I told them to stay with her as long as they'd like because I know his mom would love their company for a while. But after about a half hour, they came out and Jeongguk insisted I go back with him to meet her. I asked Cassie if she was sure, and she said that Jeongguk could come get her after a half hour so they can switch.

I really don't know why I was nervous about meeting Jeongguk's mom, because once Jeongguk introduced me to her, the nervousness washed away. She's everything I imagined her to be, from how Jeongguk and Cassie had described of her.

They had mentioned how bubbly Jeongguk's mom can be. I didn't expect her to be so upbeat, especially after what she's gone through the past twenty-four hours.  But, she was all smiles when she met me.

I didn't know that she was aware of my relationship with Jeongguk and Cassie. But, apparently, Jeongguk has told her all about me. And, she seems to accept the fact that we are in a polyamorous relationship. I was honestly surprised by that.

His mom  had a moment to talk to me, one-on-one, while Jeongguk left to switch with Cassie since he thought Cassie needed more time with his mom. While Jeongguk was absent, his mom told me that Jeongguk has yet to tell his dad about us, but it's because he wanted to give it some time because his dad isn't as progressive and forward-thinking when it comes to non-traditional relationships. She assured me that his dad will hopefully be accepting, especially when he learns that their son is in a relationship with people who respect and care for him. And, she also pushed the thought that if his dad does have an issue, she will stand by and support us as long as we are all happy together.