CHAPTER 25

You smiled softly. "Thanks, you guys. You're right. We have to hope for the best."

"Dagur's here and Heather is with her," Fishlegs said. You were sure it was about night already and by now, Hiccup and Snotlout should've been back at The Edge. You just hoped Glacier would come to her senses before it was too late.

"Trusting her turned out to be a big mistake," Astrid agreed bitterly, leaning against the bars.

"Yeah," Ruffnut chimed in, "who puts loyalty to their brother ahead of loyalty to their friends, psh, right?"

You snorted.

"I heard that, sister," Tuffnut said.

"The bigger question is who are these dragon hunters and what do they want from us," you remarked, pushing yourself off the wall. Astrid nodded.

"You're about to find out," Heather smirked, appearing. The cage opened and she came in, pushing you and Astrid out. "Rieker wants to have a little chat with you two."

"You're lucky these guards are here or we'd take your head off," Astrid threatened.

"Heh," Heather scoffed, "you could try."

Your blood started to boil but you knew better than talking right now. After a bit more arguing and walking, during which you realized you related to Heather more than you would like, you and Astrid went into the room.