CHAPTER 15

Please just do as you promised, you pleaded, filling your lungs with as much air as you could before you fell into the water. The darkness of the water consumed you. But there was another darkness to it. You didn't think you could hold your breath much longer. Please be safe... Glacier, was your last thought before you passed out.

It had been a few days since Heather left the Edge and as usual, the Gang was scattered across the isle, doing whatever they usually did. Suddenly, a pained roar from the sky got everyone's attention and soon, 8 weak and very skinny dragons thudded in front of the clubhouse.

In no time, the Gang gathered there, looking over the almost unrecognizable dragons.

"Wait... Aren't those...," Astrid trailed off, looking to see if Hiccup caught her idea.

"Those are Y/n's dragons," Hiccup said seriously, squatting in front of Glacier. "Hey, girl, what's going on?" But Glacier could barely open her eyes. Hiccup frowned. "Alright, guys. There must be something going on. We have to find those dragons some food and quickly." Everyone nodded seriously and got to work while Hiccup stayed to inspect the dragons. Just what exactly happened...

***

As the dragons ate like they had never seen fish before - in fact, for the past few days, they hadn't seen much fish in the water - Hiccup paced back and forth in the club house, worry traced all over his features.

"We all know what you're thinking, Hiccup," Astrid said.

"Umm, we don't," Tuffnut remarked.

Hiccup sighed. "If the dragons are here then something must have happened to Y/n. A-And we can't go looking for her since, judging by the state the dragons are in, she could be really really far."

Astrid sighed, going to put a hand on Hiccup's shoulder. "But I know what Y/n would like us to do. She would like us to take care of the dragons and help them get back to their best performance. And, Glacier values Y/n more than her own life so maybe Y/n told Glacier to not get into the trouble she is in."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Hiccup nodded, still frowning. "We just have to hope for the best."