CHAPTER 33

"Now let's see a spine shot," Astrid challenged as you and Glacier got out of the way.

"Then all of a sudden, out of the darkness...," Tuffnut continued to tell the story which you were not sure if you should believe. Apparently, he had seen something in the forest and gotten a bite mark. Which was not matching with anything in any known documents.

***

"A Lycanwing," Gobber announced. It was dark and everyone was sitting in a circle, listening to Gobber's ideas. Hiccup turned to you immediately.

"Can you go and get Leaf? We should see if the bitemark matches," he asked to which you answered by nodding and climbing on Glacier's back.

***

As the night progressed, Gobber continued to tell stories and you still weren't back which was making Hiccup a bit worried.

Where could she be? he wondered to himself, looking into the night with a worried gaze.

Well, it wasn't as serious as he feared, actually. You were simply just searching for Leaf. It proved to be harder than you expected because, against your hopes, she was out flying so you had to find her in the dark.

***

It was already almost dawn and both you and Glacier were really tired of searching. But you had to go on. There was no way Tuffnut wouldn't start anything stupid if he didn't have proof that it wasn't a Lycanwing.

Glacier wavered a bit, too tired to concentrate on flying.

"I think we should take a bre- Aah!" you suddenly yelled as you and Glacier flew into a high tree. Everything went black.