CHAPTER 16

"Yeah, you're probably right," Hiccup nodded, still frowning. "We just have to hope for the best."

You woke up, coughing a bit from the water in your lungs. Looking around, you were in a small-sized cage. You couldn't even completely stand up there.

"Well, well, well," you heard a voice which made you look behind you. "Looky who we have here," Dagur grinned. "But like seriously, who are you?"

You kept your mouth shut and stared at him firmly.

"Don't wanna tell me? Okay," Dagur shrugged. "Then I'll answer myself. You're Y/n, aren't you? Hiccup was foolish enough to tell me about you two's secret friendship when we were younger."

"I don't know what you're talking about," you said calmly. "Who's Hiccup?"

He didn't seem to buy the lie. "Well, it doesn't matter if you know him or not. He would certainly pay a high price for me to save any human's life. Like the dragon eye."

You felt your eyes widen momentarily but you kept yourself as neutral-faced as possible.

"Alright then. We'll keep you alive. Barely. But if you want then you could tell us Hiccup's location at every given moment to come over to our side and live a better life. Bye~." He ended his sentence in a sing-song voice and left you alone.

You sighed. Quite honestly speaking, you were surprised he didn't try to torture you or get you to speak any more. You didn't know the reason but he probably thought that with time, you would crack under the pressure.