Chapter Thirty-Nine: Christmas Festivities

24/02/2022

 Just a small warning that this chapter does get a little inappropriate and I don't mean with violence ;)   This is probably the most sexual thing I've ever written, so let me know what you guys think and if you would like to see more of it or if you just liked the story without it!!

I hope you enjoy,

~Aphrodite

-----------------------------

(Embry's POV)

December 11th, it had been only three days ago when Noah paid his little surprise visit. My heart races just at the thought of it and I can feel my stomach churn when I imagine what could have happened that day if he hadn't been so careless. Unless he wasn't being careless, what if it was his plan and it was just to scare me and then convince me I was safe to then BAM, take me back with him.

Indigo and Sebastian kept telling me I was being paranoid but in reality, was I or was I just being prepared. Okay yeah, maybe a little bit paranoid but this is Noah Hill we are talking about and he looks extremely bone chilling when angry. Any confidence I had gained in staying here had vanished and I was once again checking behind me every couple moments, convinced someone would be there just watching me.

I felt the only time I could relax was when Sebastian was here because truthfully he was probably the only one who could take him in a fight, I do suppose Dakota's small and fiery self may also have a chance against him. Give a girl credit where it's due, you know.

On top of the incident with Noah , I was feeling more and more homesick with Christmas right around the corner. I could hear the Christmas music from the street and it stung badly. I had never actually been away from home before at Christmas time and despite it not being the most exciting thing in the world with my family, at least it was familiar.

The edges of my lips lifted into a small smile as I remembered how Sebastian promised to come over today and decorate the apartment with me. Indigo had left boxes of Christmas decorations for us, feeling bad her and Dakota couldn't join as they were out cake tasting. I didn't think she would ever understand how truly grateful I was for everything she was doing for me, I mean she even promised to bring me back some cake.

But despite how grateful I was, I knew it was stupid to stay here, that I should have kept running, but I had nowhere to go. Getting a job felt too risky, and who would hire an eighteen year old who couldn't exactly give her name and had no ID. I wasn't even really sure how I would ever get to see my family again without constantly putting them in danger. It felt like I was trapped in a box, I wasn't even with Noah but he still managed to control a serious amount of aspects of my life.

I guess I would just have to trust Sebastian, and I did. I had given up trying to fight against the comfort he brought me, seeing the good in people was just so easy, so why wouldn't I.

"I need you to promise me that no matter how much I help you, or how close we get, you can't get attached, you can't let your guard down and you can't just forgive me."

Well, at least I was trying to just fully give into the feeling of security around Sebastian, but there was always a part of me spitting his words out on repeat. He was just trying to protect me, that was all, I was sure of it. I guess I was also sure that Noah wasn't a murderous crazy man at one point but no. No. I couldn't get into that again, stop overthinking Embry.

Yelping, I jumped back from the hand that landed on my shoulder, "you okay princess? I called your name when I came in but you seem to be caught up in your own world." Hanging my head in shame I turned away from him, what if that had been Noah. "I can see you beating yourself up inside, what's up?" He threw himself onto the couch, resting his head on my lap as his legs hung off the edge.