Chapter Thirty-Three: A cure for loneliness

20/02/22

Let me know what your theories are on Noah's little epiphany at the end of the chapter,

I hope you enjoy!

~Aphrodite

----------------------------------

(Embry's POV)

Slowly handing the phone back to the man, Sebastian's words were spinning around my mind. I loved Evelyn but she really did raise some odd sons. A sense of determination filled me, not quite enough to block out my fear but enough to not have me running back groveling for Noah's forgiveness.

"Put these on, and take this" the man seated beside me gruffly said, handing me a bundle of clothes and a folded up piece of paper. "But, I thought I was safe, why do I need a disguise?"

"There's a slim chance Noah could station his own men at public transport entrances, so just to be safe, follow the address on that map and expect random calls from Sebastian." Unfolding the sheet of paper, I realised it was in fact a map, one that had a big red circle surrounding some area on a street.

"Where will this bring-" looking up I stared dumbfounded as the mysterious man was gone. Great. Throwing  Noah's jacket off, I placed on the new jacket, scarf and hat on, I traced the best route for me to go with my finger. If I get off in two stops and walk for a while I should be there within a decent amount of time.

Folding back up the map, red writing on the other side caught my eye.

"You'll be safe here,

Tell her everything and don't screw this up.

-Sebastian"

I couldn't stop the anxiety pooling in my stomach, this would lead me to somebody Sebastian is clearly close enough with, that seemed like a good enough red flag for me to just not go. But what other choice did I have, I think I had about one thousand in cash, which was a lot but would not get me far. Closing my eyes, I said a silent prayer that this would work out.

Staring back down at the map, I examined the tattoo parlour sitting in front of me, the open sign still brightly lit up. Biting back my consuming negative thoughts, I drew a breath in and entered the dimly lit parlour. I was mesmerised by the beautiful art on the walls, the atmosphere seeming warm and surprisingly welcoming.

"Embry, oh my god! Hi, what are you doing here? Is Noah with you?" spinning around to find the source of the voice, I could feel my jaw drop at the figure in front of me. "Indigo!" I exclaimed, he had sent me to his sister?

"You seem surprised to see me, did you not know I owned this place?" She questioned, placing down the ink gun that was in her hand down. "I- well no, not really-" not having a chance to finish, her face turned to one of concern. "Wait, wasn't the wedding today? Where's Noah, did something happen, are you both okay?" Her voice became increasingly alarmed as she inspected the dirt covered bottom of my white dress.

"He's fine, I think anyway, didn't Sebastian call you?"

I recalled the words from the back of the map.

"Tell her everything"

"No? Embry, I'm starting to get really worried, what's up?" Taking the inside of my cheek between my teeth I was stumped on how I would even begin to explain this. "Indigo, your family haven't been very honest with you," I trailed off, "Noah and I did get married today but our relationship isn't what you think it is."