Charging up

"You sure about this?" Marie asked over the commlink "yeah, we've gotta get the Zapfish back. I'm just hoping Naida won't be to mad at me for this." Cody replied "who knows, I've never seen her too mad. But with Octavio for a Dad I'm not sure I wanna find out." Callie said "welp, we're gonna find out once she gets back from her girls trip with Marina and Pearl." Marie remarked. Cody stood just before the boss kettle of Cephalon HQ, he took a deep breath before returning to the boss stage. He stood on the small platform before the main stage, he see the Great Zapfish attached to the ceiling via a glass cage with cables upon cables that lead up into the farther into the ceiling and out of sight, clearly meant for harvesting the electricity that the Zapfish generated. The seats where Octarians cheered for their king were completely empty, and at the stage itself stood two familiar figures, Octavio and Ember. Cody entered the launchpad and was sent flying towards them. He cleared his throat, Octavio turned around, then chuckled "back so soon, slimy hipster?" He sneered "you know it." Cody replied "give me the Zapfish. You know it's what Naida would want." Octavio let out a cold laugh "You have no idea what she wants." Then he pulled out his octobrush, Ember pulling out her nozzlenoze behind him "Ember, go back, I've got this." Octavio said "I can handle myself, Octavio." She responded "commander." He said coldly, she sighed "come back in one piece then." Ember then superjumped away.

So it with just th Octarian King, and Agent 4

So it with just th Octarian King, and Agent 4. "Last chance, Octavio." Agent 4 said "suck it up, squiddo." Was all Octavio said before flinging a chunk of ink at him. Agent 4 jumped back, the splatter of ink dotting his cheek. He then began to shoot his own ink in restitution.

Octavio's attack style was always up close and personal. He preferred it that way, just to know that the enemy wasn't expecting it. Although the octobrush was notoriously short ranged. He could always make it work, over the years, Dr. Gros had helped in the revival of the Octobosses, and his very own mechanical weaponry, like the Octobot King. Long range was less fun, less personal. Now he didn't have to worry about any technical failures, it was just his skill against this child. Surely he couldn't be bested when he had so much to gain, right?

Agent 4 was good, really good. He must've upgraded since the last time they had fought. He could throw out more bombs than before, curling bombs were especially a pain. He was good at dodging too, as much ink could be flung with the octobrush. It could be clunky, heavy too. Octavio chuckled, Okuto would be yelling at him for beginning to weaken in front of this inkling.

Agent 4 threw a splat bomb, Octavio did a backflip in order to avoid it. He then landed just on the edge of the platform. "Woah!" Octavio looked behind him, big drop, he'd survive, just be humiliated about loosing to another agent of the Squidbeak Splatoon. First Cuttlefish, then Agent 3, and now to Agent 4. How humiliating.

Agent 4 grabbed him by his shirt, and pulled him forward, Octavio couldn't catch himself, and he faceplanted. As he tried to wipe the sand out of his eyes, he noticed that a specific remote had been jostled from his pockets during the fight. Agent 4 quickly grabbed it, and pressed the one button on it. The Great Zapfish was soon released from containment, with a happy chortle. It crashed through the ceiling, and ventured back towards Inkoplois. "No!" Octavio shouted, before he could get to his feet, he quickly got the blunt end of a heroshot to the head. Agent 4 sighed, "I won, Marie" he said, the could hear loud cheering from Callie while Marie was trying to shove her off.
----------

Pearl, Marina, and Naida had been hanging out outside of the battle tower. The Great Zapfish soon reappeared at it's usually spot around the tower, lots of cheering could be heard as inklings around them rejoiced. Marina's phone went off as her producer was calling her to get her and Pearl to announce the great news. Naida just stood there, the realization of what happened hitting her full force. "He did it!" Pearl shouted "hey, Naida..?" She then turned to the Octarian beside her "I...I have to go!" Naida ran towards the drain that lead to Octo Canyon. "Naida, wait!" Marina called after her "sorry, boss. Pearl and I will be there soon!" Marina quickly hung up, and began dragging Pearl with her.
----------

Naida hopped out of the drain, there was Callie, Marie, Cody, and Octavio, now locked up in his newly repaired snow globe. "Dad!" Naida cried before pushing past them all, she rested her hands on the glass "sweetie!" Octavio sat upright "oh, Cod, sweetie. Have they hurt you? I'm sorry about what happened, I got to angry." Octavio looked away for a moment, ashamed. Naida giggled before pointing at the bandage still on her head "we match, Dad." Referring to the bandage on Octavio's own head from the pistol-whipping. Octavio sighed "yeah, we do. But, seriously, Naida, I-" Naida held up her hand "I know, old man. I forgive you. Just, never lay a hand on me, ever again, got it?" She said, relief hit Octavio's face "yeah, I won't ever hurt you again. I promise." He then rested one hand on hers still pressed on the glass.

Naida then turned towards Cody "Cody." She said, he laughed nervously, before tugging on his jacket collar a bit "yes..?" He didn't want to get punted or something, Marie then stepped between them "we had to take back the Zapfish, and get Octavio back to make sure he doesn't try this stunt again." She said sternly "you could've at least given me a warning." Naida replied "now there's probably a huge power vacuum going on, and I- Oh Cod! I need to go home!" Naida threw her hands onto her head "carp! I don't have a plan!" She said "things just need to become stable again, sweetie. Then, you can work from there. Kai and Ember will have your back." Octavio replied, Naida looked back at him for a moment, then turned back to the rest of the group, she took a deep breath "I'll make a-" "Naida!" Marina appeared out of the drain, a mildly disoriented Pearl behind her, Marina let out a small gasp at the sight of Octavio. The captured Octarian leader let out an annoyed sigh "yeah, take it in Ms. Ida." Pearl bust out laughing "that's DJ Octavio?! Man! I thought he was gonna be intimidating!" Octavio let out an annoyed growl "all of you." Naida said harshly "I'm returning to Octopia. I just need to secure a transport from Cephalon HQ. Your all welcome to come with me. But Dad, I think you should stay put until we work some more things out." Naida said, Octavio only nodded, he hated his snow globe. "I'll come with you." Marina said with a deep breath, "I-I will too!" Pearl piped up, taking Marina's hand, "I'll tag along." Cody chimed in. Callie shifted her weight a bit "I'll stay here, I don't really wanna go back just yet..." Naida nodded with understanding "no worries, probably best someone stay behind. Marie? What's your verdict?" Naida asked "I'm staying here too. Gramps left us in charge, after all."

So, it was decided. Naida and Cody went and secured a ride to Octopia, then returned for the night. The octotrooper they found looked very frightened. Naida wrote out a note of what she needed, then handed it to the poor trooper, who scooted off towards his superiors.

Marina, Pearl, and Cody got they're things together. There was no telling how long they would all be gone. Marina was especially nervous. She had just up and left, according to Naida, she was still a touchy subject for her brother, Marcus. She missed him, yes, and he missed her. But she had just up and left in the middle of the night, with barely a note explaining where she had gone. She also hoped that Pearl wouldn't try and fight anyone, as much as she cared and valued her. Everyone else's fighting skills were much better in Octopia, much much better. So they all set up camp in Tentakeel Outpost for a sort of camping night under the stars. Naida and Octavio had been talking for awhile, they eventually both drifted off. Everyone had to leave first thing in the morning. Nerves were at an all time high, just the anticipation made it near impossible to sleep. But they all somehow managed, somehow

Sorry this took so long! I really hate writing combat scenes, so I hope the sorta monologue still worked out. Once again, Okuto belongs to SplatoonLover3 be sure to check them out too.
-Alexsismindina🐙