Chapter 22 Team Split Up Gone Wrong

Time: 5:01 PM
Location: Liyue
Status: Normal

Zhongli: Seems that you've finally got the Cleansing Bell.

Kayden: -_-

Back at the main court of the Yujing Terrace after the travelers retrieved the Cleansing Bell from Madame Ping, Zhongli inspected the bell as he hummed in satisfaction.

Zhongli: Looks like it's in good condition.

Kayden is Completely Wet from the Pond after he fell from it. The pond wasn't deep enough so he had taken fall damage from it. At Least The Cleansing Bell didn't get damaged from the fall.

Kayden: yeah..

Seeing Kayden's state right now, the consultant of the Wansheng Funeral Parlor looked at him curiously.

Zhongli: Now, what just happened to you young man?

Kayden: Supernatural Happens, Why do you ask?

Kayden's body turns cartoon Form as he stretches his body side to side, Water gushing out of his dress almost completely dry. Fix his long hair using the comb and put his string onto his hair to act as a Ponytail.

Kayden: okay...

15% Wet..

Kayden Brought out a wireless hair dryer and dried himself with it.

Zhongli: Well then, let's continue on to preparations shall we?

Youri: Maybe later, I am wanted elsewhere. *leave*

As Sky watched Youri leave, he sighed.

Sky: That's what people get for being wanted I suppose...

Youri: *In the distance* THOTs! That's why!

Paimon: And the fact that he had to wear that dress as a punishment by the Tianquan... *shivers* Paimon imagines those criminals wearing them for special cases... Even us, now that we're also wanted!

Paimon shrieked at her last statement as she hid behind Aether and shook violently.

Paimon: Paimon doesn't want to get a lot of cuddles of death just like last time from that Albino brute!

Youri: *far away* I HEARD THAT!!!

Paimon: And Paimon doesn't regret it!

Zhongli: We should begin placing perfumes. We still have a few things we need afterwards.

Kayden: Da..

As the travelers and Zhongli now began doing work, Sky began asking a question.

Sky: So Mr. Zhongli...

Zhongli: Yes?

Sky: About Madame Ping, how did you two get to know each other?

Zhongli: Now that you've asked that, it was a long time ago actually...

That answer just piqued the mechanical knight's curiosity. Add that with his hidden theory that Zhongli is Rex Lapis in incognito, and Madame Ping being an adeptus thanks to her Teapot magically being her home, he might be able to get actual proof.

Sky: A long time ago?

Zhongli: It is... Although that story's going to be for another day, I apologize. Though, why do you ask that?

Sky: *waves off* It's nothing, just my curiosity running through its course... Another puzzle piece, a small yet proper one at that.

Paimon: If you don't want to talk about it, we won't pry. By the way! That old granny wanted us to tell you this...