Silent Shenanigans

Ramon

"Why can't I just say something to the press?"
"Even if you do, you're still going to have to go to court. Not only are you being accused of killing Mike, there are multiple women, claiming that you have abused them, and there's one in particular who claims that their unborn child is yours."
"That's bullshit. Where were all of these allegations before? Why are they bringing this up now?"
"You know how it is, everyone is looking for fame nowadays. All I'm saying is that you should go. It's not like you're lying on anything since you both did nothing wrong."
"Alright then, did a court date get released yet?"
"No, I have a few dates for you to choose from right here," he says as he pulls out a post-it note with three dates on it.
"You have tomorrow, the day after, or Tuesday next week."
"I'll go tomorrow, I want this done and over with as soon as possible,"
"Got it, I'll do all the work from here, I'll text you the time later and I'll call all the witnesses."
"Thank you, Ben."
"No problem. It was nice meeting you, Celestia,"
"Likewise, thank you for your help."
"Of course."

          I take her hand and we leave the building. She was quiet as I drove us home. When we got inside, I pull her close to me.
"How are you feeling?"
"Sick."
          I sigh. "If only I could've prevented this."
"It's fine, I just want to get through this day honestly."
"It's almost over. And tomorrow will go just as quick, then we can get back to our normal lives, I promise."

          As I held her tightly, I could feel her shivering under me. She didn't want to show it, but she was truly scared.
"Princess, look at me," I said as I tilt her chin up. Her eyes were glassy and she looked like she was ready to cry.
"What if they take you away from me?"
"They won't. I will stay by your side. Always."
          She presses her head against my chest and I rub her back gently. Suddenly the doorbell rang.
"God, she's here." Celestia sighs as she wipes her eyes and composes herself.
"Sit, I'll bring her up," I say as I curve my hand under the chin and give her a quick kiss. She smiles at me and goes off to sit on the loveseat by the TV.

           I go downstairs and answer the door, opening it to a woman who might as well be Celestia herself.
"Welcome, Mrs. Crowe,"
"Ramon. Hmm, you look even more handsome than the pictures on TV and in magazines. Where's my dear daughter?"
"She's upstairs, may I take your bags?"
"What a gentleman, thank you. I wonder why she had to hide you from me." she smiles as she hands over the suitcase.
          I take it from her hands and gestured for her to follow me. When she spots Celestia on the couch she rushes over to her, engulfing her with a hug.
"My precious sweetheart,"
"Hi, mom,"
"You look pale." She then turns to me. "Is she eating? How many meals a day does she eat? Cause I know she'll-"
"Mom, I'm still right here. And yes I eat, I'm just tired."
"Look at you, still can't seem to take care of your wellbeing."
"Mom," she whines as she tilts her head back on the couch.
"Alright, alright, I'll stop fussing. But, why didn't you bother to tell me about this fine young man?"
"I don't know as I said on the phone, we haven't talked to each other in a while, and it's not like you've ever found my love life interesting." She mumbles.
"Well, now I am. After what I've seen from the past few weeks you've been through hell with Mike. I had no idea that boy was that evil and heartless. I'm staying with you for the rest of this week."
"Mom, no."
"Oh please, I have nothing better to do sitting in that house alone. We can have a girl's night, It'll be fun! You're going to send your own mother away so soon? You don't mind me staying do you, Ramon?" She says as he turns to me again.
"No ma'am."
"See? Ramon doesn't mind. I like him more already."
          Celestia glares at me and groans.
"Okay, I'll let you be for now. Ramon, lead the way to a room please." she smiles as she gets up from the couch.

          I take her suitcase and she follows me upstairs. She loops her arm through my arm and pats my shoulder.
"Now, how long has this thing been going on between you two?"
"Well, we only started dating a month ago."
"Only a month? Are you sure y'all aren't moving too fast?"
"Not if you love the person, no."
"Ohh, so you're already that deep."
"Yes ma'am."
"Call me Madeline, ma'am makes me feel old." she laughs, which sounds just the same as Celestia's.
"She looks a lot like you by the way,"
"Yes, she does, doesn't she. The only thing that she has that reminds me of her father are her eyes. But everything else is from me. Except for her stubbornness. That's from her dad as well. That's how he died. Saving a mother and her baby. Don't let her stubbornness scare you away though."
"She was exceedingly stubborn with me but she's been nothing but loving as we got closer."
"That's good."
"Oh, this is your room,"
"Thank you, Ramon,"
"Of course Mrs. Madeline," I nod.