Five: You're Too Afraid To Really Be

I closed the door and blocked out the rest of the world.
I thought taking a nap would help improve my mood but it just destroyed me.
Now having all my things with me I brought out my phone and noticed some new messages.
Most of them were spam so I just deleted them all, another was from Lena, saying she missed me.
I replied a quick "me 2!" and posed my mobile on the night table to charge again.

It was nine in the evening and I had slept all afternoon.
Dinner was good, especially since I skipped lunch so I was hungrier than usual.
I had literally nothing to do, well maybe if I left the house it'd be good but I was way too tired.
So once again I found myself picking out an album to listen to, this time I decided on Deftones; I went with Diamond Eyes.

I sighed and laid back on my chair, putting my legs up on my desk.

I will take you away
With me
Once and for all

That line always made me get shivers, I always hoped someone would take me away from here but it never happened.

Michael's POV

We were back in Jax's room and they were talking about which girl in their class had the best "girls".
I didn't want to participate in that conversation at all, instead I focused on outside sounds.
I recognized a soft muffled tune.
'Deftones?' I listened closer, it was definitely them, the song Beauty School was playing.

"Ay Jax." I called out, he turned around.
"What?"
"Does your sister listen to Deftones?" I asked.
"Yeah she listens to that metal crap, I don't know what their names are." He faces the other again.
"Metal crap? Are you deaf? Their songs are literally masterpieces." I argued.
"Man shut up, you sound like one of those virgin music nerds." Matt grinned.
"At least I actually have good music taste." I leaned against the wall again and listened to the girl's music again.

A few minutes passed and there was silence again.
I tried to hear whether it was my friends being too loud or she actually stopped the music but once I accepted the fact that the songs were over she put on another song.
This time it was by Korn, another of my favorite bands.
'Damn maybe we have more in common than I thought... This won't stop me from making fun of her though.'
It felt wrong but funny, so I didn't really see a reason why I should've stopped.

"Are you done stalking my sister?"
I snapped back to reality and stood straight.
"What? I'm not?" I quickly replied.
"You've been leaning on the wall listening to what she was listening for over thirty minutes." Jeremy laughed.
"I was just zoning out, I guess." I mumbled.
"Whatever, my mom came to pick us up, we have to go." Matt said handing me my backpack.
I stood up and stretched.
"Finally, I'm so tired. See you tomorrow at school, Jax." I waved at him, laying on his bed and he nodded back.
Me and the others started heading out and said goodbye to the parents before going out in the chill summer windy weather.

Your POV

Finally those bastards had left the house, relieved I let out a sigh looking at their car leaving our driveway.
I don't understand how mom could let them stay knowing how badly they've all treated me.
I shook my head in disappointment and put my hands in between my thighs with the intention of warming them but I ended up freezing my legs instead.

I wasn't ready to live middle school all over, I was so exhausted, I just wanted them to leave me alone.
They could hate me if they really wanted to, I don't really care, but I just wanted to be left alone.
I started shivering and chose to go back inside, I would go drink some water and go back to bed.
'What should I wear tomorrow?' I thought to myself, unlocking the door and going towards the kitchen.

As I said, I liked dressing up for school, since it was basically the only time I'd go out of my house.
I thought of wearing a blue jean skirt and a laced tank top with black tights and knee high socks; hopefully it wouldn't be too cold so I could actually wear it.