Chapter 44 ENVIOUS

Gulf's POV

I woke up feeling the emptiness of the presence of the person who always make me feel calm. I look around and found no one except my father I slowly walk towards him and sat beside his bed.

His face looks so thin and pales not like who he was before he lose the muscle that he has when he was younger. If only he didn't get so depressed losing my mom he will notice that his secretary was already poisoning him.

Caressing his face is like a dream to me because I never thought that I would find him again because after so many years of finding my sister I never encountered who was looking for her too. I thought this man laying on this bed didn't love us and forget about me and my sister but I was wrong he was also used and hurt. If I'm older enough back then maybe all of this didn't happen.
Tears are slowly building when suddenly my widened I felt his finger move.

"D-dad?" He moves his finger a little again.

"D-dad, squeeze my h-hands if you're awake," no response but I waited until he had already moved his hands and tapped them unto mine. I move fast and open the door to call a doctor and after that mew and everyone's attention came to me.

Mew runs towards me immediately as he supports my balance. I don't know what to say the only thing I said is "D-dad, dad m-move his f-finger," mew ordered all the doctors to examine dad again we waited until I look around and saw Mew's parents and a not familiar Man I look at him but I didn't manage to ask anyone since my attention is on my dad. Mew comfort me like he always does. Krist and Tul also came beside us.

"Sir, do you hear us? If yes move any parts of your body that you could move,"  the doctor says and the room filled with silence while observing my father.

"Sir, I repeat mov..." The doctor stop and look at us and nodded "he move but unfortunately he doesn't have that much strength after a long time of deep sleep,"

Finally, a new step that we achieve, I look at Mew and smile widely. Yes, he was not yet moving or Anything he was like a mummy but at least my father is fighting for us.

"A-any thing we could do for us to be able to help him?" I asked. The doctors looks at each other and nodded Sammy came closer to us. Since Sammy is working with the medical staff at the mansion she is also one of the doctors who looks at my father's Condition.

"Sorry, but the only thing we could do for now still waits at this moment Uncle just move a little it could still be changed," she said honestly looking straight into my eyes. Nervousness kept pulling me down making me lose my hope.

She held my hand and smiled at me, "Gulf, I will be honest your father is so strong other people who also took the path where he was, passed away and couldn't fight for so long. Your father will gain consciousness in a few more hours at that moment we are sure that he can open up his eyes fully but can't move his body. I know you're smart Gulf you know that Uncle needs therapy for him to gain all the strength that he loses. We can take it to step by step and I'm willing to help you and guide you to every step, for now, you can talk to him because he could hear us," i understand her and I was thankful that I have friends like her.

"Thank you, thank you so much I thought my father will leave me here after giving me hope that he will return to us after what happened earlier I can't believe this happening," I said as I felt Mew's lips on my forehead and his hands on my waist caressing it.

"Excuse us sir but we will leave first we are already done checking him out his improving so fast and all of us can't believe it. As we all know he was proclaimed dead already for a couple of minutes earlier morning but in just a few more hours it looks like he was fighting so hard not to fall back," the doctor behind Sammy says and after all of the small talk they left the room leaving me and mew, I saw his parents and the unfamiliar guy outside of the room before the door closed. We stayed there I was talking with my father and Mew is seating beside me even though my dad didn't squeeze my hands anymore after a couple of minutes I still talk to him I stayed like that for a couple more minutes but Mew took my attention by saying.