7

The next morning I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. It took a minute for the memories of last night to come flooding back. Well, at least parts of them. I couldn't even remember how I had gotten home.

As random images of what had happened in the restroom flashed through my brain, I had to bury my face, which had quickly turned red from embarrassment, in the sheets. What was I thinking? My sober self would have never done that. I still couldn't remember the details, but I was pretty sure I didn't even know the name of the man I'd had sex with just a few hours ago. This was so unlike me.

Before I could mentally punish myself any further, I got out of bed to get a glass of water in order to soothe the discomfort with which the hangover had covered my entire body. I almost tripped over my phone on the way. When I picked it off the floor, I noticed a crack in the screen.

-Damn it.

I muttered to myself.

After turning it on, I only had time to take a sip of water before the entire room was filled with dozens of notification sounds.

I quickly remembered the actual reason behind what I had done last night when I saw Kai's 32 missed calls. It had actually worked, though, because he hadn't even crossed my mind in the minutes I'd been up. But all it took to snap me back to reality was this.

It took all my strength to fight the urge to reply to him. I had to constantly remind myself of what he had done, because even though I knew I could never forgive him, it was all too fresh and I couldn't help but miss him. Twenty-four hours ago I still thought he was the love of my life. I had never felt that way about anyone before, and I didn't think I ever would again. I would definitely have a hard time trusting people from now on.

After reading all his messages, one notification in particular caught my eye. It was from Ran.

I debated whether or not to accept his proposal. It probably wasn't the best day, seeing how I was feeling both mentally and physically. However, I knew it would be impossible for me to stay home all day and ignore Kai's messages and calls, and I didn't want to have a breakdown either, so I accepted.