22

"You're dating Ran, and you didn't think it was worth mentioning that the guy you've been fucking with is his brother?" Sarah's voice was a mix of anger and hurt as she confronted me. I could sense her frustration even before I had a chance to respond.

"I told you I'm not dating Ran", I countered, feeling the tension rise.

"Seriously, Y/N? That's the important part right now?" Sarah paused to sigh, her anger giving way to concern. "We tell each other everything. You're my best friend. You've never kept something like this from me."

My shoulders slumped as I struggled to explain. "I just... couldn't find the right moment. It's been kinda hectic."

"You know I hate being kept in the dark."

"I know, and I'm sorry. But I was scared, Sarah. Scared of how you would react, scared of what it might mean for my relationship with Ran..."

Sarah's expression softened as she took in my words. "I'm not here to judge you, Y/N. You know damn well I live for drama. I just wish you'd told me about it earlier because I'm sure it's been weighing on you. I don't want you to feel like you can't lean on me."

I joined her on the couch. "I also wish I would've told you earlier. I needed you."

"It's okay, I'm here now. We'll figure this out together. Just promise me you won't keep anything else from me."

"I promise," I replied, my guilt weighing me down even more. I desperately wanted to keep my word, but there was one secret I knew I couldn't share with her—Ran and Rindou's involvement in Bonten. I had to protect both Sarah and them from that truth.

Sarah's expression quickly changed from relieved to mischievous. "So, which one do you like the most?"

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

Ran was leaning casually against his car when I arrived at our agreed meeting spot. He immediately seized my hand, twirling me gracefully before planting a soft kiss on it. His lips curled into a gentle grin, and his lavender eyes bore into mine.

"Hey," I greeted him, my cheeks turning a bright red.

"Get in. I have a surprise for you."

I obeyed, curiosity piqued. "A surprise? What is it?"

With a swift yet gentle motion, Ran cupped the back of my head and drew me closer to him. Our noses brushed against each other. "Do you think you can wait for 20 minutes..." I leaned in expectantly, closing my eyes, thinking he was about to kiss me. But he pulled back with a playful smirk. "... or will you let your eagerness betray you?"

I sat up straight again and tried to hide my face, which was now a brighter shade of red, away from him.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the harbor. I was puzzled until we stepped out of the car, and Ran directed my attention to a massive yacht docked nearby.

"I'm sorry for not making it the other night. I wanted to make it up to you."

"Oh my god, Ran. Really?" I exclaimed, my hand instinctively covering my mouth. The idea of being on even a regular boat was entirely new to me. A yacht wasn't even in the picture.

"I hope you're hungry," he said with a charming smile, reaching out his hand.

As we stepped onto the yacht, we were greeted by the sound of classy jazz music. The yacht's interior was a showcase of lavish elegance, illuminated by warm ambient lighting. A long, polished dining table gleamed under the soft chandeliers. Large, panoramic windows lined the walls, offering mesmerizing views of the tranquil sea. The table overlooked an impressive, fully equipped bar, complete with an array of premium spirits and wines.