19

-I can't believe I'm finally meeting your sugar daddy.

Music played as I finished my make-up in front of the mirror in my living room while Sarah, who had already been ready for half an hour, was lying on her back on the couch.

-Stop fucking calling him that! If it slips out in front of him I'll kill you.

-Damn girl, I didn't know it was that serious between you two. Of course I won't call him that, who do you take me for?

I stared at her with raised eyebrows.

-Okay, I may have done some questionable things in the past, but-

The buzzing of my phone interrupted the monologue Sarah was about to begin.

-That's him. Let's go.

Before heading out the door, I turned around with an incriminating finger pointed at Sarah.

-And you better behave!

She ran two fingers across her mouth, as if she were zipping it shut.

Ran was engaged in a conversation with his chauffeur when we walked out the door. He was wearing a black satin shirt with the first few buttons undone tucked into black dress pants. While it wasn't a huge change from his usual style, it was much more casual and looked amazing on him.

-You hit the jackpot, you lucky bitch.

Sarah whispered to me before Ran realized we were already approaching them.

His face lit up as he looked at us. While he and Sarah introduced themselves, his eyes kept discreetly bouncing back to me, to which I responded with a shy smile.

-Oh my god, is this your car?

Sarah asked in amazement as she made her way towards the black Mercedes. I started to head towards the car after her, but was stopped midway by Ran's arm, which wrapped around my waist and pulled me backwards until my back collided with his chest. Following my little gasp, he leaned in until his lips brushed my ear and whispered:

-You look amazing.

I didn't need to check in a mirror to know that my face had quickly turned a bright crimson. The last time Ran and I had been this close had been the night we had dinner at his house, and I needed a bit of physical reaffirmation. Without turning my face to look at him, I smiled timidly and continued walking to the car.

The ride to the nightclub went by surprisingly fast. Sarah kept asking Ran questions about himself, and although they sounded innocent, I knew she was trying to make sure he was trustworthy. Among other things, Ran managed to convince her that he had a completely normal businessman's job, which relieved me.

-You know, this club is owned by Bonten.

Ran revealed quietly while we waited for Sarah to finish talking to the chauffeur and get out of the car. A memory of Rindou making a joke about owning the nightclub the night we had first had sex hit me like a bolt of lightning.

Sarah joined us before I could say anything, slipping an arm over my shoulder and kissing my cheek. Since we were trying to surprise Oliver, he couldn't help us skip the line, but Ran could. He said he knew the bouncer, and in less than a minute, the three of us were inside.

-You have a lipstick stain on your cheek.

Ran pointed out as he reached out to place his thumb on the right side of my face.

-Oh.

-You guys coming?

Sarah asked impatiently, already a few steps ahead of us in the direction of the bar.