20

After leaving me again with Ran, Sanzu disappeared into the crowd, probably in search of another girl whose name he wouldn't remember in a few hours.

-I was starting to miss you.

Ran confessed in a half-whisper after getting closer to me. I could feel my cheeks burning in response. I had promised myself not to even look in Rindou's direction this time around. All I wanted to do was enjoy my night with Ran. I smiled and gave him a shy peck. Ran seemed initially surprised, but he quickly wrapped his arms around me and returned the kiss. I could've blamed the alcohol for my boldness, but the truth was that I really wanted to feel his lips on mine again.

When we pulled apart, I caught a glimpse of a familiar face approaching us through the crowd. Sarah greeted me with a big smile before hugging me and, a few seconds later, forced Ran to join the hug. I looked at him over Sarah's head to see his reaction. At first, he looked a bit surprised, but we soon started laughing.

-Hey guyssss.

She slurred before letting us go.

I was about to ask her where she had been when I remembered I had told Ran I was going to meet her outside. The best solution I could come up with in that short amount of time was to get her out of there before she could unintentionally expose my lie.

-Let's go order some drinks!

I suggested, already linking my arm with hers and dragging her away from Ran.

-We'll be right back.

I nervously winked at Ran in a terrible attempt to seem less suspicious.

-You alright?

Sarah asked me with a worried expression as we rushed through the crowd.

-I kinda told him I was gonna meet you a few minutes ago when I went outside.

-What? Why?

-That's not the point, alright? Where were you?

-You sneaky hoe, don't think I can't see you trying to change the topic. We'll get back to you in a minute.

She pointed two V-sign fingers at her own eyes, then at mine before letting out a stifled laugh.

-I was with Oliver. He was so surprised that we were here and his manager was nice enough to let him sneak out with me for a bit because it was his birthday.

-Oh, nice! Let's go say hi to him.

-Sure, I'll join you in a minute. I have to go to the bathroom.

-Alright.

I made my way to the bar. Luckily, Oliver wasn't busy with any other clients at the moment.

-Hey, birthday boy!

-Hey, Y/N! Thanks for coming with Sarah.

He welcomed me with a warm smile and we shared a hug across the bar.

-What can I get you?

-I'm gonna wait for-

The feeling of a hand suddenly squeezing my ass stopped me in my tracks. Terrified, I looked back only to find Rindou standing behind me. He possessively wrapped an arm around my shoulders while looking straight into Oliver's eyes.

-She wants a cosmopolitan.

-Y/N, do you know him?

Oliver asked with a frown, probably noticing my discomfort.

-Oh yeah, I'd say she knows me a bit too well. And you should, too. My name's Rindou Haitani.

The bartender's expression changed within seconds. He opened his eyes wide in disbelief.