18

Calistas POV:

I woke up to the sound of yelling outside. This scared me because I could feel anger surging through my mate. Although it wasn't the 'training' kind of anger it was the fighting kind.

I got up and stumbled over to the door. I jiggled it and realized it was locked. I pounded on the door over and over again.

"Let me out! Please! Kyan? Anybody!" I yelled kicking the door in frustration. I heard a slight shuffle and knew Luka had his men watching me.

"I am next in line to be Luna of this pack! So help me god if you don't let me out I will murder you with my bare hands!" I yelled pounding a couple more times. When I realized they weren't budging I used the only thing I knew they were afraid of.

"I don't know why I waste my breath! Or my time! As soon as the alpha gets back I'll have him take care of you. He would never approve of the disrespect towards your Luna." I said listening in waiting for a response.

The door cracked and when I pushed it all the way open the men were no where to be found. Did I yell for nothing? Was it open the whole time?

I shook away my thoughts and thought to my mate. God I'm so angry! I hate when he's like this!

I ran out of the house and sprinted to the shouting of what sounded to be my mate. I pushed and weave my way through a crowd of at least 400 people. When I got to the front the sight in front of me was terrifying.

My mate. Was beating his own warrior to death. Even though I was afraid I had to stay strong. Especially for my mate. He is so far gone bringing him back could be dangerous I needed to pick my words carefully.

As I watched each blow land over and over again I felt a power surge through my throat. Before I knew it I screamed as loud as I could.

"STOP" I watched as his back tensed and he began to thrash about looking for the source. I shriveled back in fear. Oh god. What did I just do? He's going to kill me.

His eyes wandered and stop almost immediately on me. Shit. It wasn't until his face softened that I realized this was defiantly not apart of their training.

The sight of his face was heartbreaking. He was breaking down in front of his entire pack. I needed to save him from looking weak. Think fast think fast!

I stepped up onto the boxing ring platform they had and looked around at all of the eyes.

"Hey everyone" I chuckled shuffling to Lukas trembling form.

"So that is how you properly conduct um" I paused looking for words when I heard a whisper to my right.

"Hand to hand combat" I heard Kyan say.

"Hand to hand combat! So get to it, we need our strongest warriors." I said sheepishly. I pulled Lukas body up from the ground and he immediately wrapped him arms around me digging his face into my neck.

"I'm so sorry." He muttered.

"It's okay it's okay it's okay cmon cmon we need to go right now." I said hurriedly looking for the best place to exit.

"I'm a monster" he said crying into my shoulder.

"You're an alpha. Now get your head up and lead your damn pack before I do it for you. Better yet let's go you're starting to look weak to them and you put them through too much work to look like this right now let's go" obviously hitting a nerve his head shot up and looked at all of the wandering eyes. He dropped his arms and pushed his way out of the crowd with me trailing behind.

We entered our room and it was silent. Just him snuggled into me not saying one word. I should give him time to cool down but he needs to give me time. Talking time. Fair talking time.

I sighed and wondered what my life would be like if I was still living in my freezing cold apartment working at the diner, without my wolf, as we both drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to Lukas shuffling beside me. I slowly turned to face him with a yawn and saw him staring down at me with a goofy smile.

"What?" I said kind of offended.

"I just can't wait for you to be my Luna. You were so strong and badass yesterday" He said his eyes glinting with love.

"Thank you for that" I said blushing and slowly leaning in for a peck. He smiled and pulled me in for a deeper kiss.

The way our lips moved against each others was like magic. Heat rose to my face and down into my chest before stopping in my stomach creating waves of butterfly's.

He ran his hands down my back as I ran mine through his hair and tugged at it a little. I pulled back breathlessly and looked into his deep brown eyes. I'm falling in love with him.

The man who kidnapped me and hurt me not so long ago. I finally knew what the moon goddess meant all in this moment.

Forgetting the past, and moving forwards. Becoming stronger and feeling special. Life definitely still being hard but finding the happiness within it. I still don't know why I need to become stronger but whatever it is I felt like I could take it on with Lukas by my side.

"What are you thinking about Cal?" He asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and realize I had truly been getting lost in his eyes.

"Just everything." I replied

"I feel like we haven't gotten a chance to even talk about anything that's happened. You say we will and we never do." I said wrapping my hands around his neck.

"You're right Cal. I'm sorry. We can talk right now, I am making the time for you" he said leaning down to peck me once more.

"Thank you." I said sitting up and cross crossing my legs on the bed.

"Where do I even start?" I began.

And with that we talked about everything. I told him about life in my old pack and getting shunned once they found out what alpha Burgesty was really doing to me.

I told him about life at the diner and my bestfriend Parker and even what life was like when my wolf shut me out. I told him about the moon goddess and what she said and about how I felt on being Luna.

He told me everything too. About his parents and Jace and how Darla has become so controlling and repulsive but how he still loves her.

This was the talk I needed. To trust Lukas and to make me fall for him even more..

.

———————————————————————————