21

Lukas POV

I woke up to the sun peeking through the metal pallets on the window.

I looked down and saw Cali still fast asleep on my chest. She's so beautiful and peaceful. I love her.

I slowly got up so I didn't wake Cal and slipped into the bathroom for a quick shower.

After I was ready for the day I walked over to her side of the bed to give her a kiss on the forehead.

She mumbled and turned over a bit so I slipped out of the door and headed to the training grounds.

When I entered the barracks I saw Kyan and Jace on one of the bunks talking.

"Jace you should be getting ready for training" I said sternly.

"And Kyan I need you to get me the wraps I use for training" I said. He rushed off without word.

"Don't you think that will make me look weak to the others? I'm trying to prove myself here I can stick with the old wraps. Plus that ointment and my wolf helped me heal my scars from yesterday I'm good to go." He said nonchalantly.

He reached over to grab his other wraps. I noticed they were still bloodied from yesterday.

"At least let me get you clean one. Everyone washes theirs after each session." I said knowingly.

"I guess that would hurt" he said handing over the old wraps.

"I'll see you out there today" I said walking out and leaving him to finish up.

I walked around the training grounds to scope out my best warriors. I came around to the women's end and saw Daidra working on weaponized combat with some youngings. They don't tend to work on hand to hand until they are around 13.

"Daidra" I boomed. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked my way.

"Did he say your name? I don't think so! Get back to work!" Daidra yelled. They immediately went back to their training.

"You're a good leader." I said as she jogged over.

"Yeah but they don't need a leader. They need strength and courage and res-" she started

"Yes but from what I've seen you give them the strength courage and resilience they need" I said cutting her off.

"I don't know. It's not good for them to rely on someone they need to find these things within themselves. Just like I did" she said wiping her sword and putting back in her belt.

"Truer words have not been spoken. We do need to talk." I said getting serious.

"About what? If this is about the attacks we have everything under control. You don't need to worry about princess." She said rolling her eyes.

She began to walk towards the well to get water and I followed close behind.

"It's not about that." I said sighing once before continuing. "It's about the welfare of this pack and doing what's best. I was thinking you could come over for dinner tomorrow night at 6 to discuss things." I said as she sipped from the well and cleaned off her face.

"Discuss things with you and her or?" She said pointing me a look.

"She will be there. And she's my mate. I get you don't agree with her but you don't know her. I think she very well may be our Luna one day. You should respect her before that day comes." I said turning to walk off.

"I pray it never does" I heard her mumble as I walked off.

Either she will be there tomorrow or she won't. Either way she needs to start learning to accept things around here because if it comes down to a choice.. I'm choosing Cal any day.