Chapter 6 = Night

Livia was stroking the fire as Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas went to check the surroundings. Her hand was almost healed due to the great healing power of elves but she still could not hold a bow. Her legs hurt but she could bore it. All in all, everything was fine with her but the pain.

The others told her to wait near the fire to keep herself warm and restful much to her irritation but finally agreed as a pain shot from her hand. She looked sideways and saw the shadow of Mordor. She also saw Gandalf standing there. First, she had mistaken him for a shadow of Mordor but now she could laugh about it. He was too big.

She again looked at the fire. Fire was dancing in her eyes almost as if she were in a trance. Her mind was a storm. She was afraid. not for her safety but for others. She knew her father and sister would be safe. But her brothers. She had no idea even where they are now. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She felt so helpless and selfish. Thinking about her family when whole world is in danger, she felt as if it were a selfish thing to do. Her vision was blurred as she opened her eyes.

But then her keen ears took some sound cutting Livia from her thoughts. Her ears slightly bent towards the sound.

"The veiling shadow that glowers in the east takes shape." Gandalf voice was small but was clear as sunlight. And Livia was clear that he was talking to Aragorn.

"Sauron will suffer no rival. From the summit of Barad-dur, his Eye watches ceaselessly. But he is not so mighty yet that he is above fear. Doubt ever gnaws at him. The rumor has reached him. The heir of Numenor still lives." A proud smile tugged Livia's lips. Sauron fears Aragorn and he should be feared. "Sauron fears you, Aragorn. He fears what you may become. And so he'll strike hard and fast at the world of Men." Gandalf continued unaware of the Elleth that was listening to him.

"He will use his puppet Saruman to destroy Rohan. War is coming. Rohan must defend itself, and therein lies our first challenge for Rohan is weak and ready to fall. The king's mind is enslaved, it's an old device of Saruman's." Hearing this, Livia's eyes narrowed. If the spell to break it did not work correctly then the person who has held it, will die. "His hold over King Theoden is now very strong. Sauron and Saruman are tightening the noose. But for all their cunning, we have one advantage. The Ring remains hidden."

Frodo. When Livia remembered him and Sam, she felt regret surging through her heart. She had not think of them for a moment. "And that we should seek to destroy it has not yet entered their darkest dreams. And so the weapon of the enemy is moving towards Mordor in the hands of a Hobbit. Each day brings it closer to the fires of Mount Doom. We must trust now in Frodo. Everything depends upon speed and the secrecy of his quest." Then, there was a tense silence. "Do not regret your decision to leave him. Frodo must finish this task alone."

"He's not alone." Aragorn said making Livia smile. She was yet again surprised at how brave and loyal the Halflings are. "Sam went with him."

"Did he?" And Livia can picture Gandalf smiling in her mind. "Did he, indeed? Good. Yes, very good."

"Gandalf?" Aragorn called after a moment of silence.

"Hmm.." Gandalf answered probably still with a smile.

"What is happening to Livia?" Aragorn asked in a low voice. Livia's eyes widened and she stirred in surprise. But soon came to her senses as she too wanted to know what was happening to her.

She heard a sigh from Gandalf.

"She is in grave danger. When she was born, Lady Celebrian wore the ring of Adamant. Due to the hardship of birth, the ring helped. Since then, the power of the ring flows through her veins. Sauron wants her to his side but that will never happen. Therefore, Lady Galadriel, Lord Celeborn, Lord Elrond and myself are feared for her safety." He said and Livia's blood froze.

"What about her hair?" Aragorn asked again, feared for the safety of his sister.

"The darkness of the one ring now is trying to change her will. She took Boromir's darkness into herself, I assume." Hearing Boromir's name, Livia yet again stirred.

"Her hair is changing to the darkness around her. But I am sure that it will never turn into fully black until she is in Mordor. There will always be light with her. She can fight it, I know." Gandalf finished.

"Now," Gandalf said looking at Aragorn. Or at least, Livia thought he was. "Go to sleep. You all need it. Rest." He said and Livia heard Aragorn make his way to the fire.

Finally, Aragorn came to her sight. He sat down next to her and she smiled.

"Here, take this." Aragorn said giving Livia something. She looked at it and saw that it was her medicine pouch. She smiled seeing this.

"This belongs to you." He said and Livia took it carefully, quickly opening it and bringing it closer to the fire so she can get a clear view. There were all plants she picked from Rivendell. She understood that Aragorn had watered it by time to time otherwise they will not be this much fresh. It had Athelas but smaller amount so, she guessed they used it on her.

"Hannon le." Livia thanked Aragorn. Aragorn too smiled and nodded.

"You know you have friends to help you through your lows. Do not try to go through anything alone." Aragorn said and Livia knew he meant about fighting the darkness.

"I know, brother." Livia answered to which Aragorn nodded.

And then, Gimli and Legolas came. Gimli rambling while Legolas looked really annoyed. Livia laughed a little. Even they don't show it much. They cared for each other.

Legolas looked at her and smiled. Aragorn stood up and went to sleep. Legolas came and took the seat next to her which was before accompanied by Aragorn. Gimli followed Aragorn to sleep. Livia was not surprised. He had rumbled about not-getting-enough-sleep.

"How are you doing?" Legolas asked.

"Great as much as I can be with a wound arm and bruised legs." She answered with a slight smile and Legolas laughed a little. Then, there was a little silence and Legolas yet again broke it.

"Do you remembered me? You know, before we met this time." He quickly supplied the last as Livia sent a questioning glance to him.

"I didn't at first but I remembered. How could I forget the prince who walked to me and asked to braid my hair at the first time he talked?" She asked with a smile. Legolas blushed a little.

"Hey!" he protested. Livia laughed and Legolas smiled. Her laugh was like flowers to him. And he remembered how he acted when he first met her.

----------------------------

Next chapter will probably be the memories. *Sigh*. Oh and tell me a nickname for Legolas, Pleaseeee!!!! And saying for the next chapter. In this fanfic, Arwen is much older than both Livia and Legolas. She would be about  3000 when she married Aragorn. making about 50 years of a difference between them. Okay?

Ok, That's it for today, diamonds.

I'll try to update today or tomorrow.

And this amazing Book doesn't belong to me. J.R.R. Tolkein will not be happy if I said I owned them. 

So, read and review. Pleaseee, leave me some comments. They make my day. Apparently these days are not good. 

Well, hope today is better than your yesterday!

-Sparky_brain-