Chapter 10 = Released

They made their horses gallop as the flag of Rohan floated in the air above but soon came to the ground. Aragorn looked at it sadly passing it.

As they entered the kingdom of Rohan, the people of her was staring at them as if they were orcs even though some of their faces held a mixture of wonder and hope.

"You will find more cheer in a graveyard." Gimli muttered absentmindedly. They neared the castle. Livia's eyes wondered amongst the houses of the people of Rohan and soon, saw the lady of Rohan, Eowyn. She saw Eowyn looking at them and instantly entering the castle.

They made way to the stables and put their horses in the stables before climbing up the stairs only to be greeted by the guards of the castle. Gandalf smiled as soon as he saw them as they came to take them to their guest rooms even though Livia knew it was only an act. She knew behind that smile, he is waiting for the precise moment to attack. The man who seemed to be the leader came in front of them and stared at them for a while before opening his mouth.

"I cannot allow you before Theoden king so armed, Gandalf Greyhame." He said not moving his hand from the sword.

"By the order of Grima Wormtongue." His face scrunched with bitter as he said the name 'Grima Wormtongue.' But soon turned to normal as he realized it was against the order of his king.

Gandalf looked at the leader surprised for a moment before looking at Livia and the others indicating them to take off their weapons.

Livia took off her Lorien bow and arrows which she received from Legolas and gave them to the guard that came to the front of her to take her weapons. Then, she took the twin blades of hers which Aragorn gave it to her. Then, she looked at others seeing that they have also finished giving up their weapons.

"Your pouch?" the guard asked from Livia. She looked at him weirdly.

"Why do you require my medicine pouch for? It only contains herbs." She told him and Gandalf quipped in.

"She does not like to be parted from that. It will not do any harm for the king." He said as the guard nodded and went down the line to keep her weapons.

The leader looked at Gandalf.

"Your staff?" he asked. Gandalf looked at him, midly awed and spoke.

"Oh, You would not part an old man from his walking stick." He said and the leader nodded and sided to let them go inside. Legolas moved forward as Gandalf seeked help from him, twitching an eye to Livia and Aragorn. Aragorn smiled but soon turned it into a deepened expression as Livia narrowed her eyes with humor.

They entered the throne room. It was dark and looked sick at the dancing candle lights. Livia felt the darkness of Saruman and she fought the urge to run. They all looked upon the throne. Livia's breath slightly got hitched as she remembered the state of this room before the fellowship.

The enormous light of the sun peeking through the windows, the muffled sounds of laughter from the throne. The king proudly sitting on his throne, his sword at the side of the throne symbolizing bravery and fearlessness.

But now, the king old as he would be in his nineties but in reality, no more than sixty. A black man kneeled before king Theoden's throne with his hand muttering in his ears. Livia's eyes narrowed as she realized who that is. Grima Wormtongue, the servant of Saruman.

"The courtesy of your hall is somewhat lessened of late, Theoden King." Gandalf said as he took the lead.

"He's not welcomed." Livia's ears twitched as she heard what Wormtongue whispered into King Theoden's ear.

"Why... should I welcome you, Gandalf stormcrow?" The king uttered, barely more than a whisper as he looked at Wormtongue for see if he said the right thing.