𝟐 -𝐀 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞- ᵀᵂ - ᴬⁿˣⁱᵉᵗʸ

12:05 P.M

After gathering enough curage to climb the steps of the apartment, Atsushi slowly stepped towards his door ,grabbing a few of his luggages to help Poe out with moving things.

"Thirty-nine, fourty-one,fourty-two..." Atsushi whispered under his breath, trembling with uncertainty . He inched his hand near his pocket,grabbing the keys to his new room. He could hear his shaky hands result in the keys clinking against one another. Slowly but surely, his hand eventually reached the dreadful doornob. He insterted the key gently, giving it a single rotation. Atsushi heard a short 'click' and lightly nudged the door open by a crack. Eventually, he pushed the door open in a quick burst of courage. 

Almost immediately Atsushi felt a huge rush of cold air wash over him,his hair flew back from his face to the back of this head.  And then, he felt it. Something was is in the room with him. But Atsushi was uncertain.  He couldn't pin point where exactly it was coming from. It was a confusing feeling  that made his feel unsafe in the room, but at the same time he felt ...intrigued..addicted...it made Atsuhsi rather curious, like this strange force was pulling him in. It was an unexplainable and confusing feeling that Atsushi was afraid of. He stumbled back ,slightly startled  by the atmosphere. Atsushi steadily walked into the room, keeping his gaurd up  just in case. 

Atsushi set down a couple of his things and inspected his new home. The cramped area had a total of three rooms. One bathroom, one bedroom, and an open space right in the middle with a kitchen island and a couple of cabnits . In this room there was a sizable window. This window allowed Atsushi to stare upon the bustling city streets of  Yokohama ,and the alluring ,dim night sky that was filled with tiny yet radiant stars shimmering from up above him. Atsushi was amazed at the dazzling view, it was the first time Atsushi had felt 'at home' , despite the unwelcoming first impression.

However, Atsushi was soon snapped back into reality when he remembered that his mattress would not arrive for the next two days. 

"Agh...I don't want to be a disturbance but...i'll have to ask Ranpo if I can sleep on his couch for the time being." Atsushi speculated.

Atsushi whipped his phone out of his pocket and texted Ranpo.

12:25 AM

[Atsushi]: Hey, sorry to bother you without warning, but I need a place to sleep just until my mattress arrives . Mind if I crash at your place for now?

[Ranpo]: Ofc! Np at all ! Ur always welcome in! (-‿◦) 

[Ranpo]: Alr, the door should be unlocked, so you can just walk right in when you get here 

________________________

Atsushi made his way down to his friend's apartment door and stared at the entry . Atsushi was a bit nervous, he hated the thought of having to rely on someone else. He was raised with the intimidating thought that he was a nuisance, a pure annoyance not worth caring for, so he flet bad, guitly even ,for having to depend on Ranpo for almost everything in the moving process. 

He took several deep breaths in an attempt to try and calm down, he reached out and forced the door open with his remaining courage. 

Once he walked in the first thing he witnessed was Ranpo sitting on his couch . But he wasn't alone...Poe was lying right under him, his blouse half open, Ranpos hand sliding into the bottom half of the shirt . Not only that, but Ranpo and Poe were having a make out session right in front of him. Obviously, Ranpo immediately heard the door to their apartment open and perked up in shock. 

"O-OH!!! H-HEY ATSUSHI !! " Ranpo yelled in the embarrassment of the moment. "Agh shit..sorry man, forgot you were coming and I got a little...worked up..." Ranpo apoligized, re-buttining Poes blouse. "You to babe, I'm sorry our moment was interrupted, it's my fault. I'll be a better boyfriend next time, ok. " Ranpo excused himself. 

"I-I can leave if y-you want me to-" Atsushi proposed, still stunned by what he had just discovered. 

"No no! Please! I insist! I promise the couch is clean if that's what you're worried about. Unless you'd prefer to sleep in the bed, that's fine too! " Ranpo offered. "As long as that's alright with you babe. " Ranpo affirmed. 

"Oh y-yeah that's okay with me..." Poe confirmed, extremely flustered by the sudden disruption of his 'fun time' with Ranpo.

"Oh n-no ! You two can ugh...sleep together.... in your ugh...own bed..I'll just sleep on the couch." Atsushi mumbled , trying desperately to make it sound the least awkward and weird he possibly could. 

"Oh, alright Poe! C'mon! Hehe~ " Ranpo approved Atsushis offer.

"Oh ugh ...alright than . " Poe agreed, following Ranpo to their bedroom.

"Goodnight Atsushi ! Ranpo beamed, pulling Poe into the bedroom in sync .

"Goodni-!" Atsushi shouted back, but it was too late, Ranpo had already locked the door and gone back to his business with his boyfriend.  

Atsushi slowly walked towards the soft, brown couch. He ran his fingers across the top, as if to sample the fluffy grip of the fabric that the couch was crafted with. It felt warm, loving... But it wasn't what Atsushi was attracted to, he wasn't used to the feeling of closeness or bonding. Regardless, he didn't complain, partly because he knew that Ranpo and Poe were too busy with each other's needs anyways, and he did NOT want to get in the way of that again. 

Atsushi evenutally laid down. He closed his eyes, but he could still hear many things around him. Like the usual city traffic, the occasional slight groaning coming from the bedroom next to him, and tiny clicking noises . 

"Wait...what?? " 

Atsushi sat up, opening his eyes up and searched around him for what this clicking sound could be. Out of nowhere he spotted a raccoon roaming around the floors of the apartment with a lost look on his face . It was his claws clicking agasint the hard floor that had confused Atsushi.

"Oh..Hey little guy...Your owners should have let you in with them huh? Well, I think it's best for you to stay out of their way for now. " Atsushi communicated to the raccoon. "Here" Atsushi said, signifying the raccoon to come cuddle with him. The racoon jumped onto the couch and snuggled close to Atsushi. 

After a while,Atsushi drifted off into sleep. But he was uneasy, he tossed and turned . Things just weren't quite right... Then, his mind started forming a dream. 

A shadowy figure in the distance .The figure looked like a male- representing figure. It was skinny, but not slender or tall. Atsushi was terrifed...but curious... He slowly walked up to the figure, yet no matter how much he tried, the figure never seemed to be getting any closer to him. Atsushi ran, and ran, and ran, but nothing. The figure wouldn't budge,until the last seconds of this nightmare came to a close...The figure opened its mouth and said something. Atsushi heard nothing but a disfigured voice with words he couldn't even begin to make out. 

"Wait! Who are you?!" Atsushi shouted, demanding to know the identity of the unknown presence.  But before the shadowy figure could respond, it disappeared, along with the rest of the nightmare.