Chapter 21 - Endings

Chapter 21 - Harry's POV

After getting away from a blonde, obviously drunk slut who tried to grind against me, I stepped out of the room for some fresh air and to take a break from dancing.

I was suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of guilt. I'd turned my back on Lacey for two seconds and she was gone just like that. What if she'd gotten hurt?

So I made it my next objective to look for her. I checked in almost every room of the house, but there wasn't a sign of her anywhere. The only place I hadn't gotten to was the upstairs bathroom...

I slowly approached the door and turned the doorknob. It wouldn't budge, so I rapped on the door with my knuckle.

"Anyone in there?"

No answer.

"Who's here?" It had to be her.

"Please, just leave me..." Lacey said, her voice fading out.

Oh no. "Babe, please let me in. I can't stand it when you're hurt."

After a few more moments of silence, the lock slowly clicked. I opened the door slowly and found her sitting in the dark near the edge of the bathtub, her legs pulled up to her chest. Her face was streaked with tears.

"Lace..." I whispered, quietly making my way over. I wrapped my arms around her while she sobbed continuously into my chest. I didn't know why she was crying or what happened, but I need to be here for her.

Eventually the tears stopped flowing and she was able to breathe normally again.

I held her at arms length and looked at her intently. "Tell me what happened, now," I asked gently.

Lacey looked down, and opened her mouth to speak.

Lacey's POV

There was no going back.

"Louis..." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "He was drunk and he got me in the bedroom, and he, er, kissed me again. But we didn't go further than that and I ran off here," I added quickly to avoid confusion.

Harry didn't say anything. He just stood up suddenly and turned away from me without a word. I could see a hand come up to his forehead in frustration.

I knew he'd be like this.

"Are - are you mad?" I whispered, not sure if I wanted to hear the answer.

Harry turned back around and ran his fingers through his hair. "I am massively disappointed," he said with a pained expression.

"Harry, I was drunk!" I cried, standing up in defense.

"Is that really an excuse?!" He countered, stepping closer.

"How many stupid things have you done while drunk?" I asked sarcastically.

He paused in thought. Ha. "That doesn't mean you should have kissed him."

"It's not like I wanted to. I didn't know who he was, and -"

"So you just fucking snogged my best friend?!" He roared, getting in my face.

This was too familiar. Like deja vu. Impulsively, I moved back and sat down on the edge of the tub, fresh tears forming in the corners of my eyes. At that moment, he seemed too much like... Like Jacob... And it scared me.

Immediately, Harry's expression softened and he pleaded with his eyes for me to embrace him again.

"I thought he was you."