Chapter 23 - Airplanes

(CHAPTER BY AMANDA, SARAH'S GONE RN)

Chapter 23 - Lacey's POV 

"Take me home," I whined, pulling on Harry's arm. It was currently just past noon. Harry and I were huddled in his bedroom, trying to find all my clothes I'd strewn everywhere. 

"After you clean up this mess," he demanded, gesturing to the growing pile of clothes on the bed. 

I pouted. "I just have to ask my mother... Oh no. There's a chance she won't let me..." I was suddenly despaired again. 

Harry rubbed my shoulders. "She'll give you permission, I promise. And if she doesn't, then... Look, we'll find a way to make this work. Alright? Look at me." He tilted my chin up with his finger to look at my saddened face. "Don't worry, be happy!" He squealed like a child, but to no avail. I was still in a bad mood, thinking about the possibilities. 

"Just bring me back, please." 

Without another word, I left the room and started for the garage where Harry's Audi resided. I used the keys to open the door and sat impatiently in the passenger's seat, waiting for him. 

Eventually he came down and stared at me. "How did you -" he began. 

"I stole your keys," I replied simply. Then, to lighten things up, I said, "Driver, Lacey Davis's house, please." 

Harry grinned at me happily and started the engine. 

Precisely eleven minutes and twenty-six seconds later, Harry pulled into my driveway. 

"Come inside, my mom would wanna see you." I tugged on his hand and we went to ring the doorbell. 

Forty-two seconds later (I just like counting, okay? It calms my anxiety.), my mother answered the door, looking surprised. "Harry, Lacey, I wasn't expecting you two to come by. Come on in." 

"Thanks, Mrs. Da - Kristen," Harry corrected himself. My mom opened the door wider and we went upstairs to the living room. (Split level house, remember?) "Want me to make tea, dear?" She asked me. 

I glanced at Harry and shook my head. "No thanks, Ma. That's not what we came here to talk about..." I talked off. 

"Wait, you're being serious for once?" She asked disbelievingly with a grin. Then, seeing that I was unwilling to laugh, she joined us on the sofa across from Harry and I. "Lace, you're not... Pregnant... Are you?!" She said, her eyes widening. 

I actually burst out laughing and Harry's cheeks turned bright pink. "I'll have you know, Mother, Harry and I haven't -"  I started.

Harry said at the same time, "Well, you know," he trailed off, blushing again. 

I smacked his arm. "Haz, really." 

"But tell me now, what's the big news?" Mom leaned forward in her seat, her hands clasped together. 

I almost didn't want to leave her behind, my sweet old mother. 

"Simon - Simon Cowell - he wants me, rather, the boys, Sam and I - to go back to England," I rushed. 

Mom froze, the smile dropping from her face. "Lacey Anne, do you know how dangerous that is?" 

"I understand, but please, I need your permission to go. I really want to go to Doncaster and see all my old friends, and I can introduce them to Sam so she won't feel left out. Please, Mother," I pleaded. 

After a long while of thinking in silence, Mom replied, "I'll let you." 

"YAY!!!" I cried, quickly standing up to hug her, then Harry with joy.