Chapter 14 - Harlie Date Pt. 1

A/N: (CHAPTER BY SARAH) So the other dress that Sam picked for Rylie doesn't really matter so I decided not to post it.

I don't know about you, but i'm so ready for this Harlie (NEW SHIP NAME YAY) date to happen already... So without further ado, (what?) I present to you, part one of the Harlie date. 

And I know it sounds like a Harry fanfic but calm yourselves because things are about to speed up in the next few parts. 

~ Amanda xx 

Chapter 14 - Rylie's POV 

"I hope you know what you're doing," I nervously said to Sam, who had me in a chair and was working away on my hair with a curling iron. I'd just finished showering and letting her attack my frizzy hair with a hairdryer. 

"Ryles, when have I ever been wrong?!" She replied, sticking her tongue out while focusing. 

"There was that one time in junior year when you left the pink hair dye in for too long, and your hair turned orange -" I began. 

"Just trust me on this, okay?" She begged. 

"Whatever you say... Ow, shit!" I cursed, the heat of the iron getting too close to my ear. 

"Sorry! Sorry. Sit tight for a sec, will ya? Damn..." 

After resisting the urges to turn around and look at myself in the mirror, Sam holds me by the shoulders at arms length, inspecting her work. "Yeah, I'm done with your hair, and if I say so myself, you're pretty hot," she said after a while. 

"Let me see..." I wiggled out of her grasp, but before I could face the mirror, Sam yanked me back. "Tut tut, impatient, are we? Sit back, young grasshopper. We have makeup to do," she scolded, forcing me back into the chair. 

"But... But... You said you were finished," I whined, giving in to her demands. 

"I said with your hair. Now, let Master Sammy fix you up."  

I sighed. "Make it as natural as you can, please. Harry doesn't like when I wear makeup." 

"Natural, eh..." Sam continued, tapping her chin with her finger. "I'll see what I can do. Shut your eyes." 

I obeyed and let her do her thing, flinching a little when the thin bristles of the makeup brush made contact with my delicate skin. 

Then, 

"Voila! My masterpiece is complete. Rylie Anne Davis, prepare to meet a new you," Sam declared officially, spinning the chair around. 

I prepared myself one last time, and opened my eyes. 

The girl in the mirror was unrecognizable. Her deep brown eyes were carefully lined in black, with a bit of mascara to go along with the look. Her complexion was just the right tan shade, not too dark and not too pale. Her cheeks were rosy and looked naturally pink. And to top it all off, her soft chocolate hair fell in ringlets down her shoulders, perfectly framing her round face. 

Sam laughed lightly behind me. "Your reaction is priceless. I'm assuming you like it, yeah?" 

"Yeah - yeah. Thank you so much, Sam," I whispered, as did the girl in the mirror. 

"No problem, kiddo. Now, it's 7:50. Just be back by eleven and no funny business. It's your first official date and that wouldn't be appropriate," she instructed me. 

I rolled my eyes and started for the door. "Yes, mom..." 

Sam followed me downstairs into the living room, where my real mother was watching some history show. Seeing me walk through the door, she got up, teary eyed, to give me a warm embrace. "Be back by eleven, hun. And have fun with Harry. Don't do anything you'll regret."