Chapter 29 - Reunited

(CHAPTER BY AMANDA)

Chapter 29 - Louis's POV - YAY!! 

I stifled a laugh as Niall, Harry, Liam, Zayn, and I waited behind a trashcan in the hallway. We were at McKinley High, waiting for Lacey to leave the classroom. We were here to surprise her and Sam, and let me just say, Harry and Niall were ecstatic. We haven't seen her since August, and it was mid January right now. Wow, time flies. 

The reason why I was going to surprise Lacey was because Harry wanted to do that tonight on their date. See, the lads and I planned our dates for today, but we'd all be going separately to different places. Tonight I was taking Eleanor to a terribly fancy restaurant outside town. I was completely prepared for anything that might happen. 

The loud bell sounded, snapping me out of my thoughts. Every door in the hallway flew open, including the one across from us. 

I nudged Niall. "You ready?" 

He nodded eagerly. 

I flipped the hood of my Jack Willis jumper over my face and fixed the Ray Bans on my nose. I made sure all my hair was tucked back into the hood. Niall did the same, and we crept past the others and into the flow of the crowd. I spotted Lacey walking out of the room with a guy... Who the hell is that? 

Holy shit, it's that Eddie guy that was with her that one time we video chatted.

Without a care in the world, I strode up to Lacey and tapped her shoulder. Startled, she turned around quickly. Her hands on her hips, she said, "What?" 

"I, erm, I hear you're in possession of marijuana... I was wondering if I could buy some off of you." I spoke with an American accent and had to keep myself from bursting into laughter. 

"I don't have any, I don't do drugs, so I'm just gonna - who are you, anyway?" Damn, she was hilarious when she was mad. 

"My name is, um..." The first name I thought of was my middle name. "I'm William," I finished. "And you're Lacey, aren't you?" I smirked behind my glasses. 

Just then, the guy with her spoke up. "Hey buddy, I don't know who you are, but you better get the hell out of here before -" 

I gave Lacey an innocent smile and shoved my hands into my front pockets. She cut him off by putting a hand up. "Eddie, wait." 

As she was processing what just took place, I leaned down, my lips next to her ear, and softly whispered, "It's great to see you again, Lace," To see if she remembered. 

Her eyebrows wrinkled in thought, then she grabbed my arm and yanked me down the hall into an empty classroom, followed closely by the Eddie guy. Once inside, she slammed the door, reached up, and pulled the glasses from my face. 

I smiled happily at her as she realized I was here. "Hi there," I said softly. 

"Louis!" She jumped into my arms. "I missed you so much, you don't even know," she said, her voice muffled by my sweater. 

"I just came to say hello," I informed her, squeezing her tighter. "The others are here, too, and Niall ran off to meet Sammy. We're all going out tonight, to celebrate. We'll be at your house at five. But, we're all going on our own little dates." 

She pulled away and grinned. "I can't wait to see everyone again, I can't - where's Harry?" 

"He said he didn't wanna see you until later... He has something special planned." I couldn't reveal Harry's secret. 

Lacey squealed in delight. 

"Excuse me, but we have about two minutes to get to Janis's class... She still hasn't forgiven you for that phone call during class." She and I both looked over at Eddie, standing uncomfortably by the door.