Chapter 26 - Confessions of the Past

(CHAPTER BY SARAH)

Chapter 26 - Lacey's POV

The game was quickly finished as fast as it had started. Harry ended up forgiving me and transformed back into his usual jumpy self. I, on the other hand, could not forget what had taken place in that closet. I couldn't put it into words how I felt about doing that with Louis. 

But, for now, after more dares and drinking, it was time to go to bed. The others hobbled off into their rooms and left Harry and I alone. He got me into bed with him and we cuddled in silence. 

He put his lips near my ear and whispered, "How was it, kissing Louis?" 

I tensed up. "It was... Fine," I lied.

"You do realize you two were in there for about thirteen minutes," he stated. 

I breathed in. "How would I have known?" 

After a moment, "What were you doing?" 

I shrugged in his arms. "We kissed, duh." I pinched his nose. 

"And how was that?" Why is he asking all them questions? 

Okay, I admit that was corny. 

"I already told you it was fine," I snapped, turning away from him. 

"Jeez, excuse me Miss Defensive." Harry chuckled and pulled me back into his chest. 

"Are you mad?" My voice came out tiny compared to his. 

He pursed his lips. "It wasn't your fault. Niall's a di -" 

"Harry! Language," I scolded. 

Harry scoffed, closed his eyes, and kissed my forehead. "Night night, my beautiful princess." 

The next morning, I was awakened by Harry furiously poking my cheek and screaming, "WAKE UP CECE!!!" Into my ear. I responded by groaning and smacking him with a pillow. 

"Guess what we're doing today?!" He asked, shaking me as if I had a clue as to what the answer was. 

"Huh?" I grunted. 

With a cheeky grin, he said much too excitedly, "Nothing!!!" 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "And how the heck is this happy news?" 

Harry wiggled around on the bed and readied himself. "We're going swimming today!" 

"Hooray," I said simply with fake happiness. "Can I go back to sleep now?" 

"Nooo, it's already past ten." He hopped off the bed and went to busy himself in the kitchen. "Go get your bathing suit on." He returned to the bed with a bagel in hand. "And I'd prefer if it was a bikini." 

I rolled my eyes and ignored that comment. I got to my feet and went to root through my bags for my clothes. "Simon said we're moving to the house tonight, right?" I asked from within the closet. 

He nodded. 

I held up two solid print bikinis. "Pink or blue?" 

Harry wiggled his eyebrows and moved to kiss my cheek. "Pink. But you'd look beautiful either way." 

"Awww. You're cute." I skipped off to the bathroom to put it on. 

"You can change here, you know," Harry called after me. 

I smirked and locked the door behind me. "No way, Styles. Don't be so sexual." 

I stripped down, put the bikini on, and looked myself over in the mirror. My eyes immediately darted to the scars on my hips. What if Harry asked about them? I quickly threw my shirt and shorts on over this and exited the bathroom. 

"I don't want the bikini," I announced, hastily clawing through my bag again for a one piece. 

"Damn it, why nottt?" Harry asked, disappointed. 

"I just don't wanna, okay?" I stuttered, hoping he'd let it go. 

Knowing Harry, he didn't back down. "No, tell me why." He bounced up to me and pulled lightly on my shirt sleeve. 

"It just - it - it shows off too much," I confessed. Without waiting for his reply, I returned to the bathroom. 

Harry grabbed my arm and spun me around, colliding me with his chest. "If there's something you're not telling me, you might as well do that right now... I'll find out eventually." He tugged on my hair.  

Should I tell him? 

I led him to the bed and we sat down. My breath staggered as I prepared to tell him the one thing I'd never told anyone... Except for Louis. 

"You know how I was dating Jacob, that abusive guy?"

Harry slowly nodded.

"This was the summer after eighth grade. I was at his house, in his room, and we were getting kinda intimate. But I didn't wanna go farther, and he pressured me. Then when I refused to 'do it' with him, he pulled a knife on me."

With these words, Harry's face turned into a pained expression. 

"I'm not finished yet. I told Louis and my mother and she informed the school. Jacob was sent to jail for hurting me. I know he got out, but I don't know when."

His eyebrows were bunched up and that's when I realized. He's here for me. He wants to protect me. He cares about me. He loves me. And I love him too.  Harry understood. His eyes softened and he pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so, sorry."

I put my finger to his lips. "Don't be."

He wiped my cheeks with his thumbs, and until then, I hadn't realized I was crying uncontrollably. "I don't even know why I bought those bikinis in the first place," I muttered causing Harry to chuckle a little. 

"Let's go," I suggested, clearing my face of any remaining tears. 

"Here's your..." Harry trailed off, tossing me the one piece. I caught it and went back to the bathroom to change. 

A/N: So this chap was super short, but we both have writers block and we needed an update. Things are about to happen soon, I promise. Vote/comment/fan please, thank you for reading

~ Amanda c: