Chapter 2 - Letting Go

A/N: (CHAPTER WRITTEN BY SARAH) I know UAN was released in November. I set this in June because it fits the plot better. So don't attack me or anything.

This chapter is so terrible and so unrealistic and cliche and carroty and I really don't give a fuck. Okay enjoy the chapter. ~ Amanda xx

Chapter 2 - Rylie's POV

A long time later, end of summer 2009. 

"Louis, I don't wanna leave," I sobbed, clinging onto him for dear life. 

"I don't want you to leave either. It's not my decision to make..." Louis wrapped me in his strong arms. That was where I wanted to stay forever. He pushed me away and held me by my shoulders. "Be a good girl, Rylie. You know I love you. I'll always love you." From his pocket he pulled out a small black and white jewelry box. 

"What - " 

"Shh," he whispered, putting a finger on my lips. He brought the box up to my face. "Open it, love." 

With shaky hands, I took the box out of his grasp and undid the red ribbon. I slowly removed the lid. In the box, sitting on a piece of black silk material, was a silver necklace with a half heart pendant with the word 'Forever' etched on it in fancy writing. I pulled it out and held it up in the light so it sparkled. "Louis, it's beautiful," I breathed.

"You like it?" he asked, smiling softly.

"I do," I said, not able to hide my grin.

Louis laughed quietly and showed me his phone, a similar charm dangling from it, the other half of the heart. His had the word 'Together' on the front. "Together forever..." He wrapped his arms around me. 

"Together forever." I stood on my toes to give him a kiss on the lips. 

"I'll see you soon. Skype me every day, okay? I'll never, ever forget you." He buried his face in my chocolate brown hair and inhaled deeply. 

"I'll miss you so much." I could barely speak. All that was coming out of my mouth were little squeaks and stupid noises.

"I'll miss you too." Louis kissed my hair.

"Boarding flight 264 to Los Angeles. Please be ready at the gate. Boarding flight 264 to Los Angeles, be ready at the gate. Thank you," a booming voice said over the intercom.

"That's it," Louis sighed.

"Don't make me go," I cried into his chest.

"You know you have to... I love you."

"And I love you." He kissed my hair a final time before I had to walk off to the gate. 

I slowly went away, crying, knowing that I was leaving love of my life. Right before I walked on the ramp, I turned around with tears in my eyes. Louis was watching, and he blew me a kiss, mouthing the words 'I love you'.

I let out a sob and pretended to catch the kiss before turning back around and disappearing into the airplane tunnel.

I found my seat next to my mother. "I'm sorry, baby. I know you love Louis. It's for the best."

I let out a whimper and she took me into her arms. "Oh, Rylie..."

I buckled my seatbelt and watched Doncaster slowly get smaller and smaller until the city was just a speck on the ground.

Absentmindedly, my fingers reached up to touch the half heart pendant. I took it off. Upon further inspection, I discovered that it was actually a locket. On the left side were the words, 'I love you, Rylie. - Louis' I smiled. He'd gotten them personally engraved. On the right side was a miniscule picture of two people, a boy and a girl, each about 12 years old. They were holding hands and smiling broadly at the camera. Louis and I.